• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How I Will Get My Civil War Variants

20 posts in this topic

Man oh man, I love Michael Turner's art!

As a fan, it seemed for a long time he was only doing a few Image Top Cow covers here and there and not much else. Then DC gave him some cover work and it was just great to see his Superman, Teen Titans, Identity Crisis and Flash covers(plus his Superman/Batman arc)!!

I was very excited when Marvel announced Michael Turner would be doing some cover work. Thank you Marvel for offering the Wolverine Origins #1 Turner cover at a 50/50 slpit.

Ok, so now Turner is going to be penciling these fantastic Marvel Heroes Civil War covers. It appears that these covers are variant retailer incentives offered 1 for every 25 ordered(or something like that).

Here is how I am going to get mine. I will simply download the images to my computer for free.

Or I just might wait it out and get them on ebay for under $10 a year or so from now. I look at what the House of M variants are going for and I am thinking this might be a good plan. What do you think?

You know cheap pessimist like you are the reason why the hooby has trouble.

I will buy the regular issues to follow the story. Supporting the hooby. I just don't want to pay $20-$30 for something that might be a lot cheaper later on. I am all for the Turner variants. See, positive, not negative. I am not a pessisist. Cheap? Maybe. Not sure why the hooby is having trouble.

Supporting the hooby. Not sure why the hooby is having trouble.

What exactly is this mysterious "hooby" (did you mean to say booby?) that is being supported, yet is in trouble?

The man likes a certain artist and buys books because of that and you critcize him? Man your a . Personally I think the hobby has trouble because of negative people ruining it for everyone else.

ask your lcs how many they ordered, if they ordered 50, and it's a 1:20, ask them if you pay extra for the extra 10 books (cost) if they will sell it to you.

BTW, I believe the Title starts out as 1:25, but then drops 1-2 required per issue, so the last one is a 1:16-or something close to that.

Man oh man, I love Michael Turner's art!

As a fan, it seemed for a long time he was only doing a few Image Top Cow covers here and there and not much else. Then DC gave him some cover work and it was just great to see his Superman, Teen Titans, Identity Crisis and Flash covers(plus his Superman/Batman arc)!!

I was very excited when Marvel announced Michael Turner would be doing some cover work. Thank you Marvel for offering the Wolverine Origins #1 Turner cover at a 50/50 slpit.

Ok, so now Turner is going to be penciling these fantastic Marvel Heroes Civil War covers. It appears that these covers are variant retailer incentives offered 1 for every 25 ordered(or something like that).

Here is how I am going to get mine. I will simply download the images to my computer for free.

Or I just might wait it out and get them on ebay for under $10 a year or so from now. I look at what the House of M variants are going for and I am thinking this might be a good plan. What do you think?

UPDATE:

I ended up buying the CIVIL WAR #1 color variant from my local comic shop for $16.00 on May 3rd. I called another store and they sold the sketch varaint for $50.00 just seconds before I called(they had just opened too). $50 is not a bad price to pay for the sketch variant(they were selling the color variant for $25).

Only six more to go if I want ALL the Michael Turner varaints from Marvel's CIVIL WAR event. We will see what happens and what I decide to do. If my local comic shop owner sells them to me for under $20 I may continue.

I may just wait for the hardcover or tpb. I am not a huge fan of Mark Millar writing but I do like Steve McNiven's art. I am not picking up any of the other Civil War tie-ins. I will continue to get Amazing Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, New Avengers and WOLVERINE(Humberto Ramos!).

Anyway, this is just me thinking outloud.