• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A few new ways to find registry sets that appeal

13 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Note that if the style sheet for the site is cached on your browser, the page might not appear exactly as intended until you refresh the style sheet:

http://www.collectors-society.com/includes/styles/cs.css

• Administrator

Every "slot" in a set (for instance Action #1 in the action set) has certain comics that are allowed or not allowed to be entered. This is done to create the ability to, for example, create an all variant set, and then only allow the variant comics into those slots. Or to create a universal grade only set, and then not allow any purple label comics, etc..

Sometimes you'll get this message because that particular cert number is not associated with a comic that belongs in that slot. Sometimes, though, it's because the set definition is incomplete. The slot was created, but the comic wasn't added to the slot. The reason that happens is because at the time the set was created, perhaps that particular comic issue number had never been graded, therefore there was no comic number to enter as allowed in that slot.

Sometimes, though, it's because the set definition is incomplete. The slot was created, but the comic wasn't added to the slot. The reason that happens is because at the time the set was created, perhaps that particular comic issue number had never been graded, therefore there was no comic number to enter as allowed in that slot.

Is there an update done on a regular basis (as in, when will this be rectified)? It is happening with three books I am entering (all into the same set).

• Administrator
Sometimes, though, it's because the set definition is incomplete. The slot was created, but the comic wasn't added to the slot. The reason that happens is because at the time the set was created, perhaps that particular comic issue number had never been graded, therefore there was no comic number to enter as allowed in that slot.

Is there an update done on a regular basis (as in, when will this be rectified)? It is happening with three books I am entering (all into the same set).

Well, there are a couple ways to address this. One is that you can contact Gemma when it happens and she can look into adding that book.

The other is that we're working on ways to create and assign all of the appropriate comics, even if an example has never been graded. This would make the problem virtually go away. But that's a work in progress.

No, it isn't...which is why I'm killing Gemma with the slotify requests.

The other is that we're working on ways to create and assign all of the appropriate comics, even if an example has never been graded. This would make the problem virtually go away. But that's a work in progress.

Well, sign me up for the beta...it would make my life and the life of those managing the back end much easier.