• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Investment Collectibles website

39 posts in this topic

Why is it that when I see the word "investment" coupled with the word "collectibles" I have an overwhelming urge to run as fast and far as my legs will take me?

I couldn't agree more. Usually means "You're about to be ripped off." IMHO.

It also makes me think of businesses like the Franklin Mint and Home Shopping Network. I don't like to think that what I collect is on the same order as beanie babies and holiday collectors plates. But, to each his/her own i suppose.

Factor that in with the fact that the guy's a [embarrassing lack of self control] and you have a great comic book dealer. thumbsup2.gif

(Marketplace Pimping URL Removed) has added a bunch of new stuff, and Steve tells me that he is listing more daily. Check it out if you get the chance!

So what's your basic commission rate on a post like this? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

No comission, I charge a flat fee: $42,357.23. Not bad work if you can get it, huh?

Why is it that when I see the word "investment" coupled with the word "collectibles" I have an overwhelming urge to run as fast and far as my legs will take me?

I couldn't agree more. Usually means "You're about to be ripped off." IMHO.

It also makes me think of businesses like the Franklin Mint and Home Shopping Network. I don't like to think that what I collect is on the same order as beanie babies and holiday collectors plates. But, to each his/her own i suppose.

Factor that in with the fact that the guy's a [embarrassing lack of self control] and you have a great comic book dealer. thumbsup2.gif

Steve's okay. He and I have had our difficulties in the past, but he's good at finding tough books, and will work with you on price.

I like Steve and just because he has those prices on there doesnt mean that its the price you have to pay. He is one of the nicest guys.

If yo ulike something call him and try and work out a deal. I always do that. He was always very easy to work with.

Hey thanks for the heads up Tim - he's got some nice books there. I'd buy one but I have this aversion to 'records' as in paying a new GPA record and then some. grin.gif

27_laughing.gif We all want to live in a Lake Winnetonka world where everyone buys at below the GPA average and sells at above the GPA average.

Hey thanks for the heads up Tim - he's got some nice books there. I'd buy one but I have this aversion to 'records' as in paying a new GPA record and then some. grin.gif

27_laughing.gif We all want to live in a Lake Winnetonka world where everyone buys at below the GPA average and sells at above the GPA average.

Nope don't live in Lake Winnetonka - Monterey is pretty far from it tongue.gif but I think there's a difference between GPA average and GPA record +20-50%. flamed.gif

Nope don't live in Lake Winnetonka - Monterey is pretty far from it tongue.gif but I think there's a difference between GPA average and GPA record +20-50%. flamed.gif

I wasn't taking a jab at you Jason, just using your comment to inject a little Keillor-like levity. I'll go away now. sorry.gif

Lake Winnetonka? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Lake Wobegon. foreheadslap.gif

Winnetonka, Wobegon... juggle.gif

So what's in Lake Winnetonka? Why would that name have been in my head?

Winnetonka, Wobegon... juggle.gif

Lake Winnetonka is the lake where Daunte Culpepper and the Vikings had their little "love boat" cruise. yay.gif

Lake Wobegon doesn't really exist (although it's based on Aitken and Crosby, MN - your little factoid for the day).

That's in Oregon right?

Lake Winnetonka is the lake where Daunte Culpepper and the Vikings had their little "love boat" cruise. yay.gif

27_laughing.gif My subconscious works in mysterious ways!

(Marketplace Pimping URL Removed) has added a bunch of new stuff, and Steve tells me that he is listing more daily. Check it out if you get the chance!

So what's your basic commission rate on a post like this? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm surprised no one has said anything about this post before this point. Man, straight up pimping. Hmmm, isn't there a board for this already.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Honestly, I don't think "collectibles" and "investment" should ever be put together. Buying anything with no true worth (outside of other collectors of that item) is never a good idea. If you really want to invest in something long term then buy gold. Lots of it... Then you know that in 30-40 years it will be worth it. Not so for that Witchblade #1 you have stored away. tongue.gif