• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did I do the right thing??

15 posts in this topic

I just gave my 1st negative feedback. I didn't want to, but the seller left me no choice. I paid for insurance, and the package arrived uninsured. What if the package had gone missing? I asked the seller to refund the cost of insurance( on principle) and he refused. He said that the item....... 893blahblah.gif

I just gave my 1st negative feedback. I didn't want to, but the seller left me no choice. I paid for insurance, and the package arrived uninsured. What if the package had gone missing? I asked the seller to refund the cost of insurance( on principle) and he refused. He said that the item....... 893blahblah.gif

Then you did the right thing. That seller sounds like a jerk and deserves the negative. If you pay for insurance then that's what you should get. grin.gif

Then you did the right thing. That seller sounds like a jerk and deserves the negative. If you pay for insurance then that's what you should get. grin.gif

I don't think the seller's a jerk at all. I was probably the "jerk" in this transaction, but he SHOULD have refunded the cost of insurance. Sorry about the NEG.... 893naughty-thumb.gif

damn whipper snappers. what the tarnation is wrong with you people these days? Fer cryin pete make a darn tootin decision and liv wit it. Fer cryin out loud. " Did I do the right thing?" Did ya tinks ya did da right thing? Dats why ya did it,..... right? Fer cry petin. cool.gif

Who was the seller so we can avoid him.

Shhhhhh.

Don't tell anyone, but there appears to be another post by another guy who shipped something to a buyer that noticed the insurance he paid for wasn't on the package. And just like this situation, the seller wouldn't refund his money. What's more, he got a negative feed-back too. Just like this guy.

You know what I think?

I think this is either an amazing coincidence (I mean what are the odds of this happening), or maybe these are the same two guys. 893whatthe.gif

Shhhhhh.

Don't tell anyone, but there appears to be another post by another guy who shipped something to a buyer that noticed the insurance he paid for wasn't on the package. And just like this situation, the seller wouldn't refund his money. What's more, he got a negative feed-back too. Just like this guy.

You know what I think?

I think this is either an amazing coincidence (I mean what are the odds of this happening), or maybe these are the same two guys. 893whatthe.gif

not quite..... boo.gif

Shhhhhh.

You know what I think?

It ain't rocket science. goodevil.gif

now i'm totally confused....

which (if any) of these "Did I do the right thing??" threads is being sarcastic?? i think the originating thread is legitimate - but what about this one???

i'm gullible. help me out. makepoint.gif

Some sellers who insure their inventory through Collectibles Insurance Agency, as part of their premium payments, automatically receive insurance on mailed packages up to $200 in value as part of their overall protection against loss. Let's assume this seller is one of those people. So, rather than avoid duplication, this seller "self-insured" the package.

Obviously you received the package in sattisfactory condition, so the insurance wasn't needed. If he had paid for USPS insurance, would the seller have demanded a refund for this fee since it obviously wasn't necessary? The USPS didn't spend any extra money or effort in shipping the package and no claim needs to be made, so why should the shipper pay this fee. It's just money in the USPS pocket. This is the same logic you are applying towards this seller - he pocketed your $1.30 yet it didn't cost the Seller anything (since he self-insured), so why should he keep the money?

The only time NFB is warranted in this case would be if a claim needed to be made and the seller didn't make good on it. Assume the package is lost. With USPS insurance, the seller would need to wait about 6 weeks, fill out paperwork to determine that indeed the package was not delivered, wait a few more weeks, then fill out some more paperwork, and depending upon the value, either get an immediate refund (under $50 insurance), or wait another 6-8 weeks for a refund check. If the Seller self-insured (and is reputable), after about 4 weeks he could file an insurance claim and get a refund withing about a week. I don't know about you but the self-insurance route is the way to go as far as I'm concerned.

Sorry but I disagree with you on this one.

Steve

which (if any) of these "Did I do the right thing??" threads is being sarcastic?? i think the originating thread is legitimate - but what about this one???

The originator of this thread is serious. I am being sarcastic. Although judging by some of the responses, their just not getting it.

Hope this helps.

The originator of this thread is serious. I am being sarcastic. Although judging by some of the responses, their just not getting it.

Hope this helps.

Spades....first spooge and now this. What are we going to do with you. grin.gif

Just my take :

I sold a book , offered insurance , buyer took the option & paid for insurance.( $1.50CDN ). Well ,when I went to the Post Office I was told that due to where the addressee was, that I could not insure my package. ( $ 30.00 CDN Book ) My postage on my auction was for $ 4.25 CDN . So what I did was paid for express with traceability ( $10.42 CDN ) Of course I was out a few bucks , received positive feedback & life goes on.

Now what I am getting at is sometimes we state a shipping charge & we eat the difference if we are shipping to a point that may be out of the beaten path. If insurance is offerred as an option & we cannot offer said insurance, then as a seller we have to be responsible & make sure we ship in such a way as to have some traceability on the buyers goods.

Now if a buyer saw that you did not insure his item , and you compensated with a superior shipping method , would it be proper to offer the insurance amount back ??