• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 537 (possible spoilers)

8 posts in this topic

Just when I thought the powers that be were going to do something right, they screw it up.

Regardless, I'm still looking forward to Civil War.

Spill it!

what happened?

VERY Short version:

Doom thought he could grab Thor's hammer due to the altering of magic from the battle of Asgaard. Doom can't touch it, and when he does this massive energy beam (about 100ft diameter) shoots into the sky; Doom takes off and says he didn't need it anyway.

The last story panel shows Thing trying to lift it.

I was REALLY looking forward to Doom having the hammer, even for a short time.

Doom thought he could grab Thor's hammer due to the altering of magic from the battle of Asgaard. Doom can't touch it, and when he does this massive energy beam (about 100ft diameter) shoots into the sky; Doom takes off and says he didn't need it anyway. .

Think of it as "Ultimate Fox and the Grapes". tongue.gif

Deceptive cover notwithstanding, i really liked this issue. Of course Doom can't lift the hammer - why would we think otherwise? 27_laughing.gif It was hilarious to see the Thing try to lift it too.

Looking forward to DB's return. Haven't followed Thor in years, but he's always been the "only" Thor imo. thumbsup2.gif