• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wanted: Avengers 93 CGC 9.0 willing to pay $130+

25 posts in this topic

I'm looking for a copy of Avengers 93 in CGC 9.0 condition. I'm willing to pay somewhere around $130 for a copy, depeneding on the page color,centering and QP. Will go higher for one that nails all three categories. Let me know what you've got. Will also consider higher grades if that's what is available.

-Chris

I agree... probably say $200 for a slab -- a true 9.0 raw can be had for $140 - $160 -- but good luck finding one. I bought the one with the roller print mark on it that I had because it was the best one structurally I had seen raw in a long, long time...

Near Mint + 9.6 4 0 0 0 4

Near Mint 9.4 9 0 0 0 9

Near Mint - 9.2 12 0 0 0 12

Very Fine/Near Mint 9.0 13 0 0 1 14

Tough book to find.. No 9.8's.

Why would it be upwards of $200 though? GPanalysis says that the average is $136 and dropping...

The Northland one is the one that went for $200.

Near Mint + 9.6 4 0 0 0 4

Near Mint 9.4 9 0 0 0 9

Near Mint - 9.2 12 0 0 0 12

Very Fine/Near Mint 9.0 13 0 0 1 14

Tough book to find.. No 9.8's.

Why would it be upwards of $200 though? GPanalysis says that the average is $136 and dropping...

The Northland one is the one that went for $200.

That type of stuff can be misleading, I think. I think it's probably foolish to think that the actual number of graded copies of this book represents the number out there on a whole. I don't think Avengers had a low print run at this time, did it?

Going raw might be the best bet on this one...

GPA average is about $139, last sale in October was $109.90, for what it's worth. confused-smiley-013.gif

Not much, GPA is basically a buyer's-side cost index, and is generally low of FMV on most books, and way low on keys, and anything difficult to find in grade. sumo.gif

I agree with Nikos and FK - it's a tough book to find above 8.0 due to squarebound, portruding staples, ink streaks, miscuts and general handling defects. crazy.gif

Nevermind that all of us are going to pull the trigger before you do! 27_laughing.gif

GPA average is about $139, last sale in October was $109.90, for what it's worth. confused-smiley-013.gif

Not much, GPA is basically a buyer's-side cost index, and is generally low of FMV on most books, and way low on keys, and anything difficult to find in grade. sumo.gif

I agree with Nikos and FK - it's a tough book to find above 8.0 due to squarebound, portruding staples, ink streaks, miscuts and general handling defects. crazy.gif

Nevermind that all of us are going to pull the trigger before you do! 27_laughing.gif

Your logic escapes me actually...

GPA shows what people paid on eBay (and other sources...) So those are actual CGC 9.0 copies being sold for those prices.

It has no correlation to it being a tough book to find. That's what the census does show. It shows that no one has submitted a 9.8 yet and only a few above 9.0 (compared to say other issues.)

Nikos' and Foolkiller's pricing may be more indicative of CURRENT pricing since it's been many months (about 6 months) since a CGC 9.0 copy has surfaced on eBay.

Yeah, there's a line of people waiting for a nice copy of this book. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifdevil.gif