• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you feel about people not replying to your PM's?

61 posts in this topic

I sent someone a PM,trying to buy somthing from them.They responded at first then stopped.I was upset at first then I got over it.I took a break from the boards after that.I found I was getting way too serious about my "fun" little hobby.

Not replying may be better than replying claiming to have deleted the PM you sent

them... somehow not reading it, but knowing who sent it...(ignoring some adverse

info in the PM you sent them)..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

(This is definetly NOT directed at anybody that has posted in this thread.)

Especially when you know they read them? It is starting to [embarrassing lack of self control] me off a little. I find it rude. So if I did it to you I apologize. I think I am going to start my own list.

This reminds me of the time earlier this week when I responded to your PM asking you to contact me and you never did. poke2.gifyay.gifstooges.gif

Especially when you know they read them? It is starting to [embarrassing lack of self control] me off a little. I find it rude. So if I did it to you I apologize. I think I am going to start my own list.

This reminds me of the time earlier this week when I responded to your PM asking you to contact me and you never did. poke2.gifyay.gifstooges.gif

27_laughing.gif I contacted you via PM and you responded back but I forgot to call. That has nothing to do with the boards though that is a phone call that i didnt make. sorry.gifflowerred.gif

I am going to an energy conference in Manhattan in about an hour. Can I call you while I am driving? PM me if thats okay?

Ok.. maybe this is slightly off-topic.. but I find the PM system to be pretty inefficient. (Or maybe it's because I don't know how to use it...)

How do you respond to multiple people or send an email to multiple people?

How do you quote a PM in the reply without doing it by hand?

And yes.. I probably don't respond to some PMs right away and then end up forgetting about them. Sorry about that... In my regular email accounts, I get over 2000 emails a day... so it's pretty overwhelming.

Most people are pretty good about replying to my PM's. BUT there was an incident where someone PM'd me asking a question about something, I answered them but they didn't PM me back for some reason. This was over a month ago.poke2.gif

Before you send it there is the option for a read receipt.

Ain't that the best option ever? Just remember that the next time you dont respond to a PM.

I have never used it but I am not worried. When was the last time I didn't respond to someone? I always feel like I talk too much anyway.

Well...about 3 months ago, BOARD member listed some nice, expensive books....no prices....pm him for prices....bumped the thread HIMSELF about 3-4 times....I pm'ed him, asked for the price on 3 books, I was very interested....no response...he bumped the thread again.... pm'ed him, and he did reply, said he would get back to me....finally asked him about the prices in his thread...said he was real busy and would get back to me asap...that was 6+ weeks ago.

I have answered all 550-600 PM's I have ever recived. smile.gif

(Most started by me) (I have 607 undeleted PM's in my PM inbox!)

I have deleted no more then 20 in the past time I have been here.

Everyone has replied to me, excpet maybe a couple.

Eh but so what? lol.