• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about relisting a book on eBay

13 posts in this topic

You have to file a non-paying bidder complaint. I think you have to wait a week for the bidder to get off his [embarrassing lack of self control] and pay. After that they should refund your fees and relist it then.

Haven't got my fees back yet. Tomorrow is day 7 of no payment.

This is my first experience with a none payer (deadbeat? grin.gif)

He only has 7 feedbacks. One was a neg for no payment after 30 days. That was back in 2004. I checked and he negged that seller after he had been negged.

Guess sometimes you just get a feeling about when a transaction isn't going to happen.

Thanks for the replies. thumbsup2.gif

Chris

Here's how I understand it:

npb = non-paying bidder

In 3 days from the auction's end contact must be made (email is the norm, phone might be a possbility).

If not you can file a npb form.

In 10 days from the acution's end the buyer must pay.

If not you can file a npb form.

After filing a npb form there is a seven day wait until the transaction is closed.

You should allow for the full limit as this will prevent neg feedback on you and a full refund by eBay of all fees.

If you cut it short you might short-circut this and eBay won't refund the fees or close the np-bidder's ablity to neg you.

Yeah, it is too soon for "deadbeat" talk. I haven't heard from him, (for all I know it could be a her) and I've sent polite reminders every day. I pretty much have written it off in my mind, but I will wait 10 days at least before filing anything.

I have one going on right now...

e-mails me and wants to set up payments on a $119 book. I said that was fine. He gave me dates when he would be able to pay. Hasn't made a payment yet. Tomorrow is day 7 for me also. I thought about offering it to the 2nd highest bidder, but am going to follow the rules on this one as sometimes 893crossfingers-thumb.gif all it takes is a friendly reminder from ebay that they need to pay...sometimes...

Yeah, it is too soon for "deadbeat" talk. I haven't heard from him, (for all I know it could be a her) and I've sent polite reminders every day. I pretty much have written it off in my mind, but I will wait 10 days at least before filing anything.

Give him/her at least 2 weeks. That provides a reasonable period of time in case the the buyer is on vacation or otherwise temporarily out of contact. An extra 4 days won`t kill you.

If a buyer doesn't pay, how long do you have to wait before you can relist?

Thanks.

To answer your question: You may void the sale and relist at your whim. You don't have to wait for anything. eBay could care less . . . grin.gif

I've been waiting on a guy for about 4 weeks. I talked to him via the phone about 10 days ago, and he says the check should be on the way. Its a somewhat expensive book (about $800). Should I wait a little longer or at least start trying to get my fees back?

I've been waiting on a guy for about 4 weeks. I talked to him via the phone about 10 days ago, and he says the check should be on the way. Its a somewhat expensive book (about $800). Should I wait a little longer or at least start trying to get my fees back?

You've given this guy more than enough time. Start doing the 2nd chance offers or make the necessary claims with ebay to get your listing fees back.