• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scaled back my pull list

32 posts in this topic

For me, it is too many titles. I'm seriously 3 months behind. I come home with about 25 books every week. And a few back issues sometimes. Since I can only read books about once a week and only about 5-6 at at time, you can see why I'm behind. Not to mention, I was buying a lot of things that have been crappy for some time now. It's been good all-around. Right now, I'm probably down to 65!!! Happy! I know, it's still too much.

Pat

My current pull list is down to...

MARVEL SUPERHEROES

ASM

FF

Uncanny

DC SUPERHEROES

Countdown

Atom

Outsiders

Action

Titans

Batman

Detective

Catwoman

Nightwing

Robin

Superman

Supergirl

Birds of Prey

Brave and The Bold (On danger list)

Aquaman (On danger list)

Green Lantern

Green Lantern Corps

Flash

Green Arrow

Black Canary (new add)

Amazons Attack (new mini add)

Justice Society

Justice League

JLA Classified (On danger list)

JSA Classified (On danger list)

The Spirit (On danger list)

The Legion

Wonder Woman

Booster Gold (new add)

Doctor Fate (new add)

DC VERTIGO

100 Bullets

Hellblazer

Fables

Y The Last Man (ending soon)

I honestly couldnt find 60-80 books a month to buy. The quality just isnt there anymore. I think I buy like 15 titles a month and I buy online to get a 30-40% discount. With shipping it ends up saving me like $8.00 a month or so. Last month was a heavy month and I saved like $20.00. I dont miss the books for 3 weeks until I get my shipment. I highly suggest going online if arent already if you are buying 60-80 books a month. The cost is just ridiculous anymore I love my comics, but 3 months down the road almost all of them can be had for 50% of cover alot of times or less anyway. I try 1 new title every month to see if I can get into it.

My depleted Pull List

Marvel - Quality getting better

Exiles - Claremont has until 100 to prove himself then I am gone.

World War Hulk

Incredible Hulk

World War Hulk X-men

Uncanny X-men

Silent War

Ash versus Zombies

Trying Anita Blake currently.

DC - Has fallen in quality lately.

JSA

Shadowpact

Trials of Shazam

Black Canary - New Pick up

Wow. In my opinion, this book has been phenomenal. Kind of captures a bit of Batman but in a fun (non-dark) way.

Anyone else liking this book as much as me?

Pat

Yup, one of my favorite books out there! It also got me sucked into the original Eisner Spirit series (lovingly collected in the Spirit Archives collection). It's really just so much fun and I always anticipate seeing the double page "Spirit" logo spread. Some of them have worked really well (like issue 5) while others haven't. I felt the last issue didn't quite hit the mark but I'm still really enjoying the series. Supposedly one of the upcoming issues is going to feature four 8-page stories by various comic luminaries.

-Bob

Wow. In my opinion, this book has been phenomenal. Kind of captures a bit of Batman but in a fun (non-dark) way.

Pat

Yes, Spirit also makes my current short list:

Batman (only when Morrison writes it)

Detective (only when Dini writes it)

B&B

GL

JLA

JSA

Spirit

I'll get the Donner/Johns/Kubert Action Comics if they ever come out again.

TPB only for Y and 100 Bullets.

Now that Millar's Ultimates is done, I'll not be continuing Loeb's vol 3.

But I will pick up Nexus when it hits.

Reading some of the online commentary, I'm really glad I got off the weekly series train after the first Countdown issue. smirk.gif

Pat

I like well enough to keep on buying it but it still does not hold a candle to the original and for me it's reflecting badly on the current series. Unfortunately, it does not make it in my top 3 books to read every month ...

Good to see that it has some following. I don't have the historical bias toward the originals. But I'll likely be picking those up soon due to the positive recommendations. I really enjoyed issue #6. Interesting way to start & end the book. #5 was classic (in a recent kind of way smile.gif). Anyway, sorry to derail.

Pat