• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sub-Mariner #1 owner of multiple copies?

11 posts in this topic

I am not a handwriting expert but do the two Sub-Mariner #1 books appear to have had the same owner?

”Eldon” is written on both covers but in different locations. The handwriting certainly looks the same to me. What do you think? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Eldon(s) sure did take care of the books as they are both nice copies.

Eldon Sub-Mariner #1

Eldon Sub-Mariner #1 second copy

I have two "Eldon" books in my collection. I figured there must be others out there, but I never saw any before this thread. Thanks for posting the pics, everyone!

Does anyone have any more information about who "Eldon" is? The only information I can add is that the two books pictured below were both purchased by me from Fat Jack's Comicrypt in Philadelphia circa 1990.

marymarvel1smallow4.jpg

boycommandos01smalllj7.jpg

I know we've discussed eldon books and also Ace books before.I have a lot of books with ACE on the covers. Ace is a nickname and eldon may be a last name instead of a first name. It could also be the name of a city,though I doubt it. The odds of ever finding out is slim I think. Was it an original owner? A collector in the 50's or 60's? Did he fight in WWII, who knows, it's one of those bittersweet comic book mysteries for me. I often wonder how many kids read these books before me and what they meant to them. Where are they now, how did their lives turn out, did they have the same dreams I had when I was a kid reading comics? Also, the big question for me is... Why the hell did you scribble on this rare investment!!!!!!!!!

I know we've discussed eldon books and also Ace books before.I have a lot of books with ACE on the covers. Ace is a nickname and eldon may be a last name instead of a first name. It could also be the name of a city,though I doubt it. The odds of ever finding out is slim I think.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BATMAN-12-F-CGC-6-5-...1QQcmdZViewItem

The Ace collection ???????

I have two "Eldon" books in my collection. I figured there must be others out there, but I never saw any before this thread. Thanks for posting the pics, everyone!

Does anyone have any more information about who "Eldon" is? The only information I can add is that the two books pictured below were both purchased by me from Fat Jack's Comicrypt in Philadelphia circa 1990.

marymarvel1smallow4.jpg

boycommandos01smalllj7.jpg

Metro has the Mile High and Allentown copies of these books.They are beauts!!!