• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another GA Action - Action 76

20 posts in this topic

Another Action War Cover added to my collection.

Corner chip. Nice page quality, clean staples and tight spine. cloud9.gif No surpises on back, except small corner chip (slightly smaller than one on front).

Purchased from major dealer... I agree with grade. What do you think it is?

Action76.jpg

With WWII raging, Superman is spending his time beating up two guys on a motorcycle? tongue.gif

Beautiful book, Zipper! My personal opinion is that the chips would have to drop the book into the 4.5/5.0 camp, nice as it looks. I'd say a strong 4.5 to be safe. Great pickup!

With WWII raging, Superman is spending his time beating up two guys on a motorcycle? tongue.gif

Beautiful book, Zipper! My personal opinion is that the chips would have to drop the book into the 4.5/5.0 camp, nice as it looks. I'd say a strong 4.5 to be safe. Great pickup!

gossip.gif They're Japanese.

27_laughing.gif I know. Just seems like an inefficient way to fight the war for a guy like Supes, that's all.

I presume the guy in the sidecar with the sword is a high ranking military official.

If I am not mistaken, at this period, Superman's powers were limited to strength and flight, plus he was bullet proof. Basically he was a really strong guy that could fly. It's not like he could wipe out the entire Japanese fleet with heat vision -- as he'd be able to do in later incarnations.

I'll give it a 4.5 as well. Nice book and cool war cover.

On a side note, I believe Superman did not officially have the ability to fly until after issue #100. So I think his powers at this time were strength, leaping ability, bullet proof, & x-ray vision.

27_laughing.gif I know. Just seems like an inefficient way to fight the war for a guy like Supes, that's all.

Why would he go through the trouble of punching the motorcycle? Was he concerned he might get hurt if it ran into him? insane.gif

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Purchased as a 4.5 from Harley. I think his grading was dead-on. thumbsup2.gif

Maybe on a real good day, 5.0 wouldn't be an impossibility, but I'm happy with calling it a 4.5.

Maybe on a real good day, 5.0 wouldn't be an impossibility, but I'm happy with calling it a 4.5.

thumbsup2.gif grading, i never bought anything from harley, but he looks to be one of the best prof grader,

Metro would have graded it at 6.0 27_laughing.gif

VERY nice 4.5 that would probably sell for over guide.You certainly have an eye for the cool covers.That was always one of my favorites.An Action that is one of my favorites that I stupidly sold my VG copy of is # 82(giant eagle)although it isn't a war cover.Your 76 looks like the kind of book where you're glad for the defect from a buyers standpoint.Looks like a 6.0/6.5 otherwise.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif grading, i never bought anything from harley, but he looks to be one of the best prof grader,

Metro would have graded it at 6.0 27_laughing.gif

and not email you back because it's not a 9.2

am I crazy ? don't people post back covers anymore ??

I was being lazy and just used Harley's scan... there was no back cover scan.

Plus, I was doing it from work, so I didn't have access to the book.

sorry.gif

am I crazy ? don't people post back covers anymore ??

I was being lazy and just used Harley's scan... there was no back cover scan.

Plus, I was doing it from work, so I didn't have access to the book.

sorry.gif

no problem, I was only kidding, I've been there before, using the dealers scan,. I just enjoy seeing the whole book, especially a GA Action grin.gif