• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

INFINITE CRISIS #7 DISCUSSION (Spoilers!)

40 posts in this topic

I want to start this off by saying that this has to be one of my favorite Joker appearances EVER.

Kevin Boyd, whenever you are able... the Green Lanterns of the CGC Modern Boards beckon you to once again enlighten us with one of your fantastic summaries!

"FINALE"

Nightwing, Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman and Superman-2 stand over Wonder Girl and the now deceased Superboy.

Superman whines, Wonder Woman consoles, and Batman vows. They realize that they screwed up big time.

Superman-2 starts internal monologuing about how he screwed up too.

Green Lantern breaks up the monotony with an announcement: the Society has freed every metahuman in prison and are marching on Metropolis - they've declared war!

And it's definitely war in Metropolis as the heroes of the world face every villain imaginable. We see Judomaster's back is broken by Bane. Random carnage.

Black Adam rips off the Amazo android's head.

Amidst the battle Alex Luthor and Superboy-Prime talk. Alex points out that they were wrong - this world isn't Earth-One, it's a different earth altogether, and they've made some subtle changes to it's history. For example, Wonder Woman was an original member of the Justice League of America, Batman has brought his parents murderer to justice, and Superman was active before he came to Metropolis (as Superboy?).

Doomsday arrives in time to be taken out by the two avenging Supermen, who subdue the beast. Then move on, with the help of GL, WW, Batman, etc. and beat Bizarro, Deathstroke, Sinestro, Dr. Light, Cheetah, Zoom.

Power Girl is attacked from behind by Alex Luthor. Alex tries to get Superman-2 to understand, but fails. Alex's "worldview machine" is destroyed by Superboy-Prime. Suddenly, the Flash arrives! It's Bart Allen, aged from his time in the Speed Force, wearing his grandfather's Flash costume.

Superboy-Prime announces he plans to fly thru Oa and destroy it. He thinks it will cause a new big bang and restart the universe. The heroes who can fly after him. Zauriel gets taken out by heatvision. Breach's shell ruptures and when he explodes Captain Atom suddenly appears in his place. Superman-2 pleads with Superboy-Prime to stop, but fails. GL calls Guy Gardner to warn him.

Back on earth, Batman subdues Deathstroke. Alex Luthor attacks and seriously injures Nightwing (who gets in the way of an energy bolt meant for his mentor). The General attacks them all, and the street caves in.

In space, Superboy-Prime encounters a wall of sheer willpower and shatters it. The Green Lantern Corps is there to take him out! Unfortunately, SB-P is too powerful and we see rings flying off left right and centre to find new ring-bearers for the Corps. Excessive force has been approved by the Guardians, but it may be too late to help Guy. Thankfully the heroes from earth arrive. The two Supermen and Superboy-Prime head off in a new direction. Martian Manhunter restrains Kara/Power Girl.

Alex Luthor tries to reason with Batman, that it is okay to take shortcuts like Bruce did with Brother Eye to achieve justice. Batman knocks Alex down with a right hook and picks up Deathstroke's gun and aims it right at Alex's head, cocking it. Wonder Woman arrives, and she pulls out her sword and throws it to the ground, where it shatters in half. "It's not worth it" she says, and he knows. The structure collapses on Alex. Batman and Wonder Woman escape.

The three Super Guys fly into what is left of Krypton. Of course, Kryptonite here only hurts the Superman of this universe but they are resolved and fly Superboy-Prime right into the blazing red sun. When the come to the other side they land on Mogo, the sentient planet and member of the Green Lantern Corps. Superboy-Prime attacks Superman-2 with heat vision, but he runs out of power quickly because his armor was destroyed. Nevertheless Superboy-Prime has more than enough power left to beat the older Superman-2 bloody. Superman steps in, but gets smacked around by kryptonite rocks. Superman rips the S from Superboy-Prime's chest and the two of them trade blows until finally Superboy falls. Superman collapses... his powers gone.

The GL Corps arrives and they remove the chunks of kryptonite and imprison Superboy-Prime.

Power Girl goes to her cousin, Superman-2, who dies in her arms. He is with his beloved Lois again. He understood at last, what Lois meant, that as long as they are remembered they will live on.

On Earth, Metropolis is being rebuilt. The tallies of the dead and/or missing are being taken.

In a scene evocative of the original Crisis, Bart Allen tells Jay Garrick that he no longer has any speed left, there is now only one Flash and that is Jay Garrick.

In Gotham, Alex Luthor has survived to plot again. Except he foolishly runs into the Joker who sprays him with acid, burning his face. Joker then takes his electrified joy buzzer and shocks his burned face. Lex Luthor is also there to remind Alex that he made too many mistakes, the biggest of which of which was not letting the Joker play with the Society. The Joker shoots Alex in the face.

The next day, Bruce Wayne, Diana Prince and Clark Kent discuss their new status quos. Bruce, Tim and Grayson are going round the world to retrace the journey that Bruce took to become the Batman many years ago. Diana will live as a mortal. Clark, is now a mortal, and he and Lois will figure it out.

It's time to let the other heroes shine and we get a big double-page spread of the heroes of the DCU, including some we've never seen before.

Finally... on OA. The Green Lanterns have imprisoned Superboy-Prime in the centre of a junior red-sun eater and appointed a revolving watch of fifty GLs at all times. Hopefully this will hold him.

In his cell, Superboy-Prime carves the S symbol into his chest. "I've been in worse places than this"... he says..."and I've gotten out." His eyes burn red, indicating that some power must remain. But given his self-mutilation and the drool coming from his mouth he's gone completely insane.

The end....?

I find this more interesting, note the guy in White with the Lightning Bolt!!! yay.gif

MAJOR SPOILER BELOW!!!

splash_2.jpg

People let me know, if you want me to post the other side, since I scanned both pages.

This page alone, perhaps, makes me look forward to the Trials of Shazam and every frickin mini DC is planning. Yes, Captain Marvel goodness in Timmy's future.

I am saddened as there is no hint of Plastic Man. What could this mean?

Ok, I'm not a huge DC follower. But this IC stuff was amazing! Quick question since I'm not too familiar with the different Flashes.

OK, Bart Allen (Kid Impulse?) aged into what we see now. And Jay Garrick of the GA is the only flash left? Correct? So there really isn't a "new" Flash?

That was my point. It appears that the Original Captain Marvel is the guy in White. Mary has taken over Captain Marvel Jr's colors and perhaps Captain Marvel Jr has taken over the Original Captain Marvel's colors. Also, the Batgirl has more of a Batman Beyond costume. Muy interesante. There are other "Revelations on the opposite splash."

For example, Wonder Woman was an original member of the Justice League of America, Batman has brought his parents murderer to justice, and Superman was active before he came to Metropolis (as Superboy?).

Fixing those post-Crisis continuity sore points (along with Johns' earlier rehabilitation of the post-Crisis Hawkman) makes this long-time DC fan very happy.

Now if they could have just caught that typo on page 4 before it went to the printers. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Say, anybody notice that Ragman looks like a chick?

Just a small image. proportions are off.

Black Adam and Omac are with good guys? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well, Black Adam is designated protector of Khandaq. In that fashion he is a "Good Guy". I will make an assumption that OMAC is Sasha Bordeaux.

Also, anyone notice a 7 Soldiers missing? I did. I haven't read eveything, I assume it isn't concluded yet. I wonder 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Edit: Looks like I was mistaken. Apparently all of them are there. Darn.

Look at the hair on Batgirl and the Martian Manhunters new Suit

Hell the whole Marvel Familly is different

Batgirl??...or....Batwoman???? Hmmm......

I guess we won't find out what happens to Hawkman until 52.....