• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone watching the Eerie No.1 on Ebay tonight

27 posts in this topic

Given that the seller is one of the biggest dealers in Warren magazines in the country I would say the buyer is pretty safe.

Also the Comiclink one was for a 2nd printing - which is a nice way to say bootleg. $495 for a bootleg? No thanks.

Real Eerie #1s are very tough and well worth the price paid.

Given that the seller is one of the biggest dealers in Warren magazines in the country I would say the buyer is pretty safe.

I'd say anyone buying an eerie 1 is taking a large gamble , especially with no provenance given. I'm not saying the seller is knowingly selling a counterfeit, I'm saying there is just no way to know.

for $2K it can be sent to CGC and certified. If it's a fake..well, he takes paypal, so they might do something,and with 1300+ feedback, he may not want to get hit with a "counterfeit" in the feedback, but who knows.

for $2K it can be sent to CGC and certified. If it's a fake..well, he takes paypal, so they might do something,and with 1300+ feedback, he may not want to get hit with a "counterfeit" in the feedback, but who knows.

CGC does not certify Eerie #1.

If it was CGC graded it was probably the Avon #1 unless CGC has changed their policy regarding 'xeroxed' comics.

I thought we were discussing Warren's EERIE? confused-smiley-013.gif

If it was CGC graded it was probably the Avon #1 unless CGC has changed their policy regarding 'xeroxed' comics.

I thought we were discussing Warren's EERIE? confused-smiley-013.gif

We are/were. Was suggesting that the CGC graded Eerie 1 mentioned on clink might have been the Avon horror comic rather than the Warren "ashcan".

That's the Avon comic.

I dunno, last guide I bought (# 34) had the Avon EERIE at $3,700 in 9.0. I think this guy is shooting for the stars at $5,500 , but there probably is some fool who will pay up. screwy.gif

Heritage has a raw GD up in this week's auctions. It's at $220 now. Doesn't LW Gallery have something to do with Heritage (or not)? Not a big GA collector, but that is a book I would def. like to own.

This thread went all over the place. Can anyone give difinitive answers to these questions, just to clarify things?

1. Does CGC certify (or have they certified) ANY Warren Eerie 1s?

2. Is there any way to tell real Eerie 1s from fake Eerie 1s?

3. If not, where do those lines in Overstreet come from?