• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DARTHWEASEL - correct your me page

12 posts in this topic

Funny guy - http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/darthweasel/

I am Darthweasel!!!

Yes, it is I, Darthweasel. You all know me, I am the Speculator Supreme! I slab books that came out yesterday, and sell them to unsuspecting comic fans who have just started collecting because they saw the Spider-Man movie!

Don't forget the X-men movie, upcoming Hulk and Daredevil movie as well... wink.gif

I have no conscience, and I don't care who pays 10x to 50x guide for my books, as long as I get the money!! You have $2,500 for an Origin # 1? Cool! (And I'll buy that book back from you for $100 in 6 months).

I have plenty of conscience, so I don't overgrade or overprice my items and let market demand take over and determine the price. I've never bought a 10.0 bok and I highly doubt that Origin 1 CGC 10.0 will ever sink as low as $100.

CGC is the best thing to ever hit the comic scene.

Damn right! I love CGC...CGC love fest in effect...

How else could I make crazy money on some fad?

Try my Simpsons sales, Star Wars Ep 1 figure sales, and my Playstation 1 and 2 sales before CGC...

How else could I get you to pay money for a slab of plastic, from a company that won't reveal their grading standards? As soon as the bubble bursts, I am outta here!

I don't make anyone buy what they don't want. Don't bid if you don't like what you see. Bubble not going to burst , IMO, and I'll be here as long as I have comic stock to sell, or the time to handle eBay as I have some pretty big changes in life developments coming soon...

Of course, I only sell Modern books as it is too hard to scam some of the older buyers who know some older books are actually scarce in grade.

First of all, I sell all types of books. Silver to Modern is what I have. Only the Modern ones are worth grading for me because grading a good to fine non key silver age will not recoup the grading cost at final sale? I give credit to older collectors who know what they want for their collections and my crappy common bronze and silvers ain't it!

I go after the youngsters - I hype up my auctions, saying how rare, HTF, and fantastic these books are, and what a great investment these slabbed books are.

I've sold to all ages. How can you say I go after youngsters? Weasel, look in the mirror, you pedophile, maybe someone else is "going after youngsters" tongue.gif Where in my hype do I ever say that it would be an "investment"...if that is true, please let me know and I'll remove that. There is a fine line between hype and outright deception. I will try my best to keep on the right side and not cross over. My grading is not infallible. If someone sees me posting egregious overgraded statements, please let me know. I'm willing to listen and correct. Hype, however, is something that is part of marketing.

" A GREAT BOOK FOR ANY REAL COMIC FAN TO HAVE INDEED! SOLD OUT! HARD TO COME BY ON EBAY, ESPECIALLY IN THIS PRISTINE CONDITION! GET IT NOW WHILE AVAILABLE! PERFECT GIFT! THIS STORY INTRODUCES SOMEONE!!! THIS IS ONE ISSUE NO ONE SHOULD PASS UP!"

True, true true and true! What is wrong with hype?

Weasel, if this is a joke? HAHA! Real funny, just fix a few comments to be truthful and fine. Parody is a form of flattery as well. If you really have a bone to pick, which I doubt, then as long as you do not mess with my auctions, or bidders, you will not incur my wrath. wink.gif

person_without_enough_empathy! tongue.gif

While I personaly think it's silly to buy CGCed modern comics, I fully support the right of others to spend their money on whatever they want. I also fully support the right of dealer to part these fools from their money.

The bottom line is that I buy things that bring me joy. I may be the only one that enjoys the kind of books I buy, but that's no reason for me not to buy them. If buying modern CGCed books makes someone happy then more power to them. I'll still be making fun of them, but they can make fun of my Fast Willie Jackson run if it makes them feel better. grin.gif

Use the line :

'Often copied, never surpassed' in your auctions....

People are always on the lookout for the original thing..and believe you me Darthy..you ARE one of a kind grin.gif

Hey Brother-

What an entertaining little opinion piece! As a journalist I can appreciate a humorous jab at high profile people (You're high profile on these boards wink.gif ).

Many times satirical pieces are created by writers who feel a bit inferior to the person they're stalking, I mean writing about. But if someone has balls enough to write a piece like that and sign it, ya' gotta' give 'em some respect.

Oh, sorry, that's right, the author of this piece was hidden behind the anonymity of eBay. Forget my remarks about "has balls" and "give 'em respect".

I was obviously incorrect on both points. grin.gif

darth this guy seems to know you real well grin.giftongue.gif

seriously though, i think he has gone slightly overboard, but they say that any publicity is good publicity grin.gif

besides that it IS very funny, i'm sure CI will get a bellylaugh out of it laugh.gifwink.gif

INSECURITY ALERT.........wow Darth, you really have some nutty fans out there. Seriously though, I want ALL you board members to know that Darth actually helped me to NOT buy a modern book he felt would have possible numerous 10s. He saved me $300. underneath the jokes and the heckling Darth is actually a very nice and honest individual. This might hurt his reputation as the local board badass but who cares. I raise my glass to you Darth! Thanks smile.gif