• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guy Dorian Pro Artist - Art Pieces & Commissions Available

110 posts in this topic

Your biased,

You have Donkey Kong in your Avatar stooges.gif

Busted! tonofbricks.gifDefinite NES and SNES fanboy here, although I don't even own and have played like three times total the N64 and gamecube (the more recent nintendo consoles) for probably the same reason everyone else doesn't own one. But this new console sounds pretty sweet - definitely will buy one of these.

I eschew the console games. Those consoles are getting too expensive. There are gamers around here abouts. You might find a few of them in the water cooler.

Only if you buy an xbox or ps3! (which is going to be six_hundred_bucks (!!!) by the way). The nintendo console looks to be fresh and original, will be probably $200-$250 bucks and is going to have a couple dozen launch games... it definitely gets my vote.

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF was Nintendo thinking with that name sumo.gif

I have the XBox 360 hooked up to my 50" Sony SXRD TV. It looks friggin incredible. I've barely stopped playing Oblivion in weeks. I also set up a wireless router and connected it to Xbox Live.

It's really killing my motivation to do anything productive in life.

I eschew the console games. Those consoles are getting too expensive. There are gamers around here abouts. You might find a few of them in the water cooler.

Only if you buy an xbox or ps3! (which is going to be six_hundred_bucks (!!!) by the way). The nintendo console looks to be fresh and original, will be probably $200-$250 bucks and is going to have a couple dozen launch games... it definitely gets my vote.

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF was Nintendo thinking with that name sumo.gif

I have the XBox 360 hooked up to my 50" Sony SXRD TV. It looks friggin incredible. I've barely stopped playing Oblivion in weeks. I also set up a wireless router and connected it to Xbox Live.

It's really killing my motivation to do anything productive in life.

27_laughing.gifsign-funnypost.gif

I just wish I had time to play my PS2...but the internet is like a drug, and I spend way too much time online. What was life like before the internet? I can't remember...though I think I saw the sun once...

The Sun...it still exists?!?!?!

I've heard rumors but......?!

I think so...though I can't confirm or deny.

And you guys are forgetting the best video game system of all time. The Atari 2600 RULES. I still have mine, with over 100 games. You just can't compete with the 1-bit brilliance of Combat, Defender, Missile Command, Yars' Revenge, Space Invaders...and of course, Donkey Kong.

I thought atari was 2 bits?

Anyway... before my time although I can see its charm smile.gif Although personally I prefer some of the other early consoles like intellivision, vectrex, and definitely colecovision..

I liked the Odyssey 200...though I'm amazed when anyone has heard of it, let alone remembers it.

You need to join the forum at www.digitalpress.com. Great place to read about vintage video game collecting. I know Bronty posts over there and I'm a frequent lurker.

I was raised on Sega Genesis. Gun Star Heroes, boy!!!. Konami was my drug for years. Until N64 -Goldeneye of course. Back before anyone was dreaming of halo my buddies and I would sit around doing 4 person death matches until are eyes fell out.

Hey Guys!

Just want to say that its great we are all chattin and I am now enjoying this new board im a part of... Wish you all well for the next two days...since I am awamped with work and have the entire weekend fully booked with work.

I will be by on Monday sometime. Have a business meeting , class to teach and art to accomplish on Monday but will come by some time during the day.

Talk to you all on Monday!!!!

Be Well!

Guy Dorian

I liked the Odyssey 200...though I'm amazed when anyone has heard of it, let alone remembers it.

You need to join the forum at www.digitalpress.com. Great place to read about vintage video game collecting. I know Bronty posts over there and I'm a frequent lurker.

I didn't know you lurked insane.gif what's your handle over there?

cheers

I have the X-Men arcade machine that Marvel Comics got rid of in 2000ish when they moved the house of ideas. Konami at its finest and loudest!!!

I'm Solar over there too I believe. I have around 80 posts and most of them are buy/sell. I'm a very casual video game collector, but I still like to follow the hobby. I think games have alot of collectible potential at this point.

I'm a peruser over at Digital Press too. I'm mainly an NES/SNES junkie. I just would like to make the statement that I tried playing Super Noah's Ark 3-D about two years ago, and I almost vomited from disorientation. Its good to have that off my chest now smile.gif.

Xbox 360 is the way forward - thre PS3 is a bad rehash of the Wii and 360 - , way to go Nintendo on naming your console the worst name you could think of crazy.gif

But from my POV, way to go Nintendo for making your entire back-catalogue of games available to be played on the Wii smile.gif . I will be one of those insufficiently_thoughtful_persons spending the night on release date to get one of these (and Twilight Princess!!!).

I took my second lesson with Guy today. the man is a true professional. He explains everything perfectly. I am telling you guys that i will be drawing for Marvel/DC before you know it. Once we get into the actual drawing and past the basics i will post what I do in class.

I took my second lesson with Guy today. the man is a true professional. He explains everything perfectly. I am telling you guys that i will be drawing for Marvel/DC before you know it. Once we get into the actual drawing and past the basics i will post what I do in class.

You are so lucky, I wish I had the chance to take drawing lessons from a pro. hail.gif

You are so lucky, I wish I had the chance to take drawing lessons from a pro. hail.gif

Where do you live? Just ask around. I would have never thought that these guys live near me. Go to your local comic shop when they have guest artists. they usually live in the area.

Where do you live? Just ask around. I would have never thought that these guys live near me. Go to your local comic shop when they have guest artists. they usually live in the area.

27_laughing.gif My local comic shop is over 100 miles away, I live out in the country so I traded resources for peice and quite tonofbricks.gif

I can draw but I would like that extra little training to get me to the next level, I've got some art in the looking for an artist thread but I do think I need to impove.I wonder if his DVD's could help?? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif