• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC 9.8 Hulk Annual #1

303 posts in this topic

I suspect there are three types of dealers in the hobby, those that think NOD will have an affect, those that don't, and those who are on the fence and waiting to see what happens.

If I had to guess, and this is ONLY a guess, I'd say Rob fell off the fence, perhaps with a little help from those who don't believe NOD will be effective.

There is also the group, and I am not opining one way or the other whether Rob belongs in this group, who are doing business with certain dealers whose practices are fundamentally contrary to what the NOD believes in and the value (i.e., $$$$$) involved in that relationship does not permit their own participation in the NOD.

Mark, I had the impression that you were of close aquaintence with Rob, hence him originally joining the NOD and currently co-offering your Mad#1 cgc 9.8 on his site. I have recieved no response from him concerning my email asking for his reasoning for leaving the NOD and taking down his "press free" logos.

Here's my exact email I sent to him on the 22nd:

"Hi Rob,

I was on the CGC boards after having been away for a couple of weeks and heard that you had dropped out of the NOD.

I thought this seemed surprising and checked your site and see that the NOD logo is gone as is your press free logos as well as any statements about disclosing known work done to a book.

I checked a book I frequently consider (if I could only get ahead in my bills), the Human Torch #7 cgc 9.8 which I'm fairly certain was a press free certified book and see that there is no mention of this now.

It was told that anyone who wanted to know why you left the NOD should ask you directly, so that's why I'm writing you. I was curious why you left the organization and would like to know if your views on disclosure have changed now as the press free logo has disappeared as well.

Thanks for your time,

John Adams"

Is there any chance he may reply to you and give you his response that can be shared here?

I'd really like to avoid speculating why he left and hear it directly from him, even if some of the guesses are correct.

Thanks, John

I suspect there are three types of dealers in the hobby, those that think NOD will have an affect, those that don't, and those who are on the fence and waiting to see what happens.

If I had to guess, and this is ONLY a guess, I'd say Rob fell off the fence, perhaps with a little help from those who don't believe NOD will be effective.

There is also the group, and I am not opining one way or the other whether Rob belongs in this group, who are doing business with certain dealers whose practices are fundamentally contrary to what the NOD believes in and the value (i.e., $$$$$) involved in that relationship does not permit their own participation in the NOD.

Mark, I had the impression that you were of close aquaintence with Rob, hence him originally joining the NOD and currently co-offering your Mad#1 cgc 9.8 on his site. I have recieved no response from him concerning my email asking for his reasoning for leaving the NOD and taking down his "press free" logos.

Here's my exact email I sent to him on the 22nd:

"Hi Rob,

I was on the CGC boards after having been away for a couple of weeks and heard that you had dropped out of the NOD.

I thought this seemed surprising and checked your site and see that the NOD logo is gone as is your press free logos as well as any statements about disclosing known work done to a book.

I checked a book I frequently consider (if I could only get ahead in my bills), the Human Torch #7 cgc 9.8 which I'm fairly certain was a press free certified book and see that there is no mention of this now.

It was told that anyone who wanted to know why you left the NOD should ask you directly, so that's why I'm writing you. I was curious why you left the organization and would like to know if your views on disclosure have changed now as the press free logo has disappeared as well.

Thanks for your time,

John Adams"

Is there any chance he may reply to you and give you his response that can be shared here?

I'd really like to avoid speculating why he left and hear it directly from him, even if some of the guesses are correct.

Thanks, John

John -

Rob Hughes is a friend of mine, and a business acquaintance as you've noted. Actually, Marnin Rosenberg persuaded him to initially join NOD. They go wayyyyyy back.

I had a private conversation with him when he informed me that he had decided to leave the NOD. I honestly don't know all the details as to why and I did not press him 27_laughing.gif for further information.

He is not the most prolific e-mailer that exists but I would suggest you try again or even call him directly.

Hopefully Rob will rejoin NOD in the future as we continue to grow and demonstrate the value to and the importance of the organization.