• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC 9.8 Hulk Annual #1

303 posts in this topic

From my own research, I believe the collection was discovered by a guy named Friedlander, although I've never been sure if his first name was Michael or Brian.

zoolander.jpg

Sorry.....wrong guy. sorry.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

Blue Steel , Great stuff

Actually, that's Le Tigra. poke2.gif

Speaking with a few dealer's though, it's good times ahead for them as the market moves to a new GA focus. The material is there, the margin's are there, and all grades are go. Unlike SA, and BA which only makes money for those still sitting on high grade raw books..and who can say their sitting in that position??

Is this what they're expecting to see, or what they have already begun to see? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

There's certainly much less resistance to lower grades, lower page quality, and restoration on GA books than on SA and newer books. Other than Mile High Comics, I really see no point in any dealer carrying SA and newer books below VF (other than keys) as their can't be much a margin since they sell for such a fraction of guide. Mile High gets away with carrying and moving sub-VF books b/c they just call 'em NM! 27_laughing.gif

I checked out his website following the link. It`s a museum (actually, it really IS a Conan museum)! Those books are definitely not priced to move.

Bill sells things ok, but admittedly the margin on CGC books for dealer's is always going to be marginal, and he's no exception. All the show dealer's seem to be in agreement on it, with so many avenues for people to sell their material, there's no room for them to undercut on purchase prices.

Speaking with a few dealer's though, it's good times ahead for them as the market moves to a new GA focus. The material is there, the margin's are there, and all grades are go.

Unlike SA, and BA which only makes money for those still sitting on high grade raw books..and who can say their sitting in that position??

I personally wouldn't hold my breath for Fox and Crow - Mutt and Jeff - Amazing Man - Bulletman etc. etc. to all of a sudden start selling for insane multiples of guide and become more sought after than SA and BA Marvels. makepoint.gif

Speaking with a few dealer's though, it's good times ahead for them as the market moves to a new GA focus. The material is there, the margin's are there, and all grades are go. Unlike SA, and BA which only makes money for those still sitting on high grade raw books..and who can say their sitting in that position??

Is this what they're expecting to see, or what they have already begun to see? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

There's certainly much less resistance to lower grades, lower page quality, and restoration on GA books than on SA and newer books. Other than Mile High Comics, I really see no point in any dealer carrying SA and newer books below VF (other than keys) as their can't be much a margin since they sell for such a fraction of guide. Mile High gets away with carrying and moving sub-VF books b/c they just call 'em NM! 27_laughing.gif

acclaim.gif

I personally wouldn't hold my breath for Fox and Crow - Mutt and Jeff - Amazing Man - Bulletman etc. etc. to all of a sudden start selling for insane multiples of guide and become more sought after than SA and BA Marvels.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

"You buy what I tell you to! Now take that stack of Fox and Crow for 10X Guide!!" - Metro Salesperson.

Golden Age. cloud9.gif

Gold hasn't been this hot in 20 years, and Golden Age comics haven't been doing bad in 2006 either. cloud9.gif

It is, and they are? You could have fooled me! Where are the record breaking prices? Seems to me like everything is down from the JP bubble prices. confused-smiley-013.gif

Golden Age. cloud9.gif

Gold hasn't been this hot in 20 years, and Golden Age comics haven't been doing bad in 2006 either. cloud9.gif

It is, and they are? You could have fooled me! Where are the record breaking prices? Seems to me like everything is down from the JP bubble prices. confused-smiley-013.gif

Enjoy! thumbsup2.gif

Golden Age. cloud9.gif

Enjoy! thumbsup2.gif

yeahok.gif

Last time I checked, $195K was not the highest price that had ever been paid for an Action #1. gossip.gif

Golden Age. cloud9.gif

Enjoy! thumbsup2.gif

yeahok.gif

Last time I checked, $195K was not the highest price that had ever been paid for an Action #1. gossip.gif

Last time I checked, no comic book in very good condition had ever sold for anywhere near two hundred thousand dollars! makepoint.gif

Golden Age. cloud9.gif

Enjoy! thumbsup2.gif

yeahok.gif

Last time I checked, no comic book in very good condition had ever sold for anywhere near two hundred thousand dollars! makepoint.gif

I only deal in absolutes, not best within a certain grade! sumo.gif

Tell you what, if that nutty price has a knock-on effect and we see all Action 1s lifted commensurately, I'll happily concede that all GA books that contain the first appearance of the most important comic book character of all time are hot! poke2.gif

Golden Age. cloud9.gif

Enjoy! thumbsup2.gif

yeahok.gif

I only deal in absolutes, not best within a certain grade! sumo.gif

Tell you what, if that nutty price has a knock-on effect and we see all Action 1s lifted commensurately, I'll happily concede that all GA books that contain the first appearance of the most important comic book character of all time are hot! poke2.gif

You asked where the record breaking prices for GA books were, and I figured that the most jaw-dropping price of a slabbed GA book EVER probably qualified! thumbsup2.gif

I'll happily concede that all GA books that contain the first appearance of the most important comic book character of all time are hot! poke2.gif

Next up, Banner's Bronze Age Market Report concentrating on the pricing spikes to CGC 9.8 copies of Hulk 181.

You asked where the record breaking prices for GA books were, and I figured that the most jaw-dropping price of a slabbed GA book EVER probably qualified! thumbsup2.gif

It was jaw-dropping, no doubt about it!

I'll happily concede that all GA books that contain the first appearance of the most important comic book character of all time are hot! poke2.gif

Next up, Banner's Bronze Age Market Report concentrating on the pricing spikes to CGC 9.8 copies of Hulk 181.

Followed by JC's Crash Prediction Report.

yeahok.gif

Bill Hughes has posted the book for sale on his site with the following text:

Highest Certified by CGC! Classic cover by Jim Steranko! Marie Severin and Syd Shores interior art. Inhumans appearance. This is the sole 9.8 copy on the CGC Census as of the time of this entry (May 28, 2006)! A nearly impossible book to get in this grade. Note: This comic was professionally pressed and was previously certified as a 9.6. After review, CGC felt the 9.8 grade was warranted.

Price $2,900

Emphasis was added by me to highlight certain text.