• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC 9.8 Hulk Annual #1

303 posts in this topic

I may not have as many Pedigree books as Tim or Alan among others, but I do have quite a few and would be happy to send in Hi rez scans with Detailed descriptions of defects to any source willing to log the information.

I may not have as many Pedigree books as Tim or Alan among others, but I do have quite a few and would be happy to send in Hi rez scans with Detailed descriptions of defects to any source willing to log the information.

I think a lot of us would (although we should recognize that the pedigrees owned by board members is a small drop in the ocean). On the other hand, I don't want to pull all the scans together if it's just some half-baked idea that's going to go nowhere because no one would take responsibility for it.

well, scan em anyway for your own use, and they will be ready to send to whomever and whenever necessary. capisch? No harm and youll have visual records of all your books ---at worst.

Can't... speak...! Too... much... irony! poke2.gif

I think a lot of us would (although we should recognize that the pedigrees owned by board members is a small drop in the ocean). On the other hand, I don't want to pull all the scans together if it's just some half-baked idea that's going to go nowhere because no one would take responsibility for it.

Tim, sit back, slowly roll your chair back from the computer and chill out for a moment. We're just talking about things. I wouldn't want to waste a moment of your valuable time.

I'm deciding which Pedigree to do next. Green River is pretty much set as a model for whatever one we pick next. No cloak and dagger at all.

Anyone got any suggestions? I'd rule out Pacific Coast right now. I'm looking for a moderate sized collection....maybe Ohios. Easy to track.

I guess, on thinking further about it....the next database should be of pedigree books without and easy identifier. And not too big. Boston might be one....Curator another. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I agree with ya there. What is the Ped with the sig on the inside top of the splash page?

Bethlehem? I admit to being Ped challenged

Ze-

I thought the Bostons would be hard to track with multiple copies of books and to my knowledge, I thought there were a pretty fair amount. I guess Bechera would know the answer.

How about Clevelands?

I think you should just set up a database with all of the pedigrees and let people send them in as they get the opportunity to.

The person that is in charge if they want to focus on one specific collection that is great but I still think the others should be works in progress as well.

This will be an exteremly valuable tool.

Actually, Deathlok was working on something like that before he switched id's.... smirk.gif

Deathlok? You wanna' pm me and let me know if anything came of your endeavors?

I also do have to be realistic about cost of server space, and my personal time involved. I'm self-employed and would have to construct this thing piece by piece.......

I thought the Bostons would be hard to track with multiple copies of books and to my knowledge, I thought there were a pretty fair amount. I guess Bechera would know the answer.

How about Clevelands?

I agree, Boston would be really tough because there are zillions of dupes.

Brad, if you`re talking about any of the major SA peds (WM, Western Penn, PC, Mass, Northland), they`re all huge. Curator probably has the opposite problem--it`s too small, at least in terms of known books.

If you do Western Penn, I could at least contribute scans of some of the DCs and a few Marvels. I don`t know if the whereabouts of most of the SA Western Penns is known, except for the Strange Tales and TTAs, most of which I believe are in Brulato`s collection, but one thought is if you want to capture the Western Penn BAs, you might be able to get scans direct from WesternPaComics if they`re willing to contribute to the cause.

Tim, sit back, slowly roll your chair back from the computer and chill out for a moment. We're just talking about things. I wouldn't want to waste a moment of your valuable time.

Brad, I`m not getting on your case. I was simply struck by the dearth of volunteers, particularly given the number of people on these boards who constantly complain about the pressing and deceptive practices. I guess all they really want to do is complain, because actually taking any kind of action that would aid everyone in combating the deceptive practices would be too hard.

It was obvious that no one was stepping up, so I didn`t want you to make it appear as if there were plenty of eager volunteers stepping up offline.

How about Clevelands?

I agree, Boston would be really tough because there are zillions of dupes.

Brad, if you`re talking about any of the major SA peds (WM, Western Penn, PC, Mass, Northland), they`re all huge. Curator probably has the opposite problem--it`s too small, at least in terms of known books.

If you do Western Penn, I could at least contribute scans of some of the DCs and a few Marvels. I don`t know if the whereabouts of most of the SA Western Penns is known, except for the Strange Tales and TTAs, most of which I believe are in Brulato`s collection, but one thought is if you want to capture the Western Penn BAs, you might be able to get scans direct from WesternPaComics if they`re willing to contribute to the cause.

But isn't the origina of the WP collection still shrouded in the primordial mists? I think you need a collection that has had it's boundaries defined better. Just thinking outloud here.