• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Multiple comics hoards

84 posts in this topic

I went through a phase in 80-82 when I had started receiving books from Westfield Comics. It was so amazing to me to get books at almost 30% off and have a box delivered every two weeks, that I started buying multiples of just about everything. I probably have about 10 copies of the 1st printing of the Death of Capt. Marvel, about 25 of Jon Sable 1, 10 copies of Warp 1 (I almost yacked typing that one out), and god knows how many mulitples of every Teen Titans and Legion issue. Of course, I don't even know where most of these books are in my collection right now. Hmmmm. Might be time to brush up on my 80's reading. smile.gif

Messing around with the A's

I have to say - the implications of that statement are intriquing. If you're still in the A section gotta wonder what else you got! grin.gif

Oh, there's more... there's plenty more. Now if only there were a stack of Hulk #181s or something, then it'd be something to get excited about. smile.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

this falls under the category "What were we thinking?" that the late, lamented SPY Magazine covered so well!

In my defense on the ownership of these Alf comics I can only point out that they were part of a bulk purchase that I made long ago when a comic shop sold off their back issue stock at auction! I think they came in a box with some Action or Amazing Spider-Man comics. So that's HOW I got them. Now WHY I still have them is a better issue to pursue! smile.gif

Unless there has been one, there should be a thread for MOST embarrasing comic ownership. Put up scans of books you currently own that are really awful. Not those Maximum Clonage books, the ALF books and stuff like that.

Unless there has been one, there should be a thread for MOST embarrasing comic ownership. Put up scans of books you currently own that are really awful. Not those Maximum Clonage books, the ALF books and stuff like that.

You mean there are comics MORE embarrassing to own than ALF? That's great news! smile.gif

You mean there are comics MORE embarrassing to own than ALF? That's great news! smile.gif

I didn't say there was more embarrasing books than ALF. Equal to maybe.

Well, I'll shamefully admit to having 25 copies of Youngblood #1 by Liefeld... I was instructed to buy them by another Image artist, who told me they'd be like gold some day.... in the sense that they're not edible and are taking up space in my house, I guess he was right.

The only consolation is, I could have had 50 copies - that's what I ordered - but the local comic shop proprietor called me and begged me to sell 25 back to him 'cause he'd sold out... whew, that coulda been worse!

I'll shamefully admit to having 25 copies of Youngblood #1 by Liefeld... I was instructed to buy them by another Image artist, who told me they'd be like gold some day....

Erik Larsen.....?