• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink shipping - what has been your experience?

37 posts in this topic

One thing I know about those USPS labels printed out through the site is that sometimes you can track them through the delivery process. I never know where they are until they have arrived. Only the post office can check.

Those labels only work up to the U.S./Can border tonofbricks.gif.

have any european people on this forum ordered from comiclink ?

I've always been put off by their rather vague shipping info ($50 it says for one single CGC book, with actual cost to be determined later)

*Update* The books STILL aren't here! Josh called around May 10th and told me to give it a couple of weeks, which I have. I spoke to Joe and Thomas today and Joe said it could take a while to do a trace, so I told him just to refund my money. I also said if the books show up, I'll just return them.

Get this - Thomas said "Well it's not really our fault the Post Office screwed up" and "we normally don't give out refunds".

CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? I said Well it's REALLY not my fault, now is it?

I think paying April 19th and still not having the product is quite long enough.

Sorry Comiclink, I've been more than polite and patient.

“Label/Receipt Number: 2103 8555 7491 3826 5938

Shawn - this is the default message once a click and ship or stamps.com electronic confirmation label is printed off. There should be another entry once it is scanned in at the post office.

I had this happen once to a sell I trust. Bought the book in November 2005. Paid priority. emialed me with confirmation number a day later. Feb 2006, still didn't get it so I just shot him an email wondering. Nothing rude because I like the guy and understand that he's been busy with family stuff. Turns out he had it ready all along and just placed the outgoing product behind some boxes and he thought he had sent it out already. I got the goods safely and was happy that I did. Stuff happens. Ask Comiclink to poke around some boxes and maybe your books might turn up confused-smiley-013.gif Good luck bro...PM me amd LMk how the wife is doing... wink.gif

I waited two weeks so started emailing them on status. Finally on third email and threat to cancel order they emailed me to say they have been busy and they will ship that day. I received the three slabs all with the same crack on back corner. I called them yesterday and guy said was probably ups and that they were insured. He looked up the account and went oh it's you, so they were cracked huh? He then said you have got to be kidding me, you're complaining on $60 worth of books? I was like excuse me. He then told me to scan each book and haven't heard a thing since. Will be my first and last time with those insufficiently_thoughtful_persons.

Sorry about that...it looks like to me that they created the label but it hasn't entered the system yet. That text looks familiar to me to items that I've created a shipping label but hasn't gone to the post office yet--which is consistent with the message you've received. Either someone forgot to mail it or someone took it/lost it before it entered the system.

In either case...not good. frown.gif

I waited two weeks so started emailing them on status. Finally on third email and threat to cancel order they emailed me to say they have been busy and they will ship that day. I received the three slabs all with the same crack on back corner. I called them yesterday and guy said was probably ups and that they were insured. He looked up the account and went oh it's you, so they were cracked huh? He then said you have got to be kidding me, you're complaining on $60 worth of books? I was like excuse me. He then told me to scan each book and haven't heard a thing since. Will be my first and last time with those insufficiently_thoughtful_persons.

Wow, that is really unacceptable. Call them and ask to speak directly to Josh, don't bother with his lackeys. And tell him his staff dissed you because of the size of your order, which is really unacceptable. They need to refund you the cost of reslabbing the books, plus shipping to CGC, no questions asked, and the insufficiently_thoughtful_person who talked to you needs to give you an apology.

Wow, that is really unacceptable. Call them and ask to speak directly to Josh, don't bother with his lackeys. And tell him his staff dissed you because of the size of your order, which is really unacceptable. They need to refund you the cost of reslabbing the books, plus shipping to CGC, no questions asked, and the insufficiently_thoughtful_person who talked to you needs to give you an apology.

Tim, i agree with you here, but also remember that everyone makes mistakes. I've had perfect experiences with them so far...3 or 4 orders to date and all flawless confused-smiley-013.gif with great communication.

Roy.

Tim, i agree with you here, but also remember that everyone makes mistakes. I've had perfect experiences with them so far...3 or 4 orders to date and all flawless confused-smiley-013.gif with great communication.

Roy.

I'm not criticizing the fact that the slabs were cracked. As you say, sh*t happens. I'm criticizing the attitude of the staffer who talked with Pirate. There is no excuse for that, ever.

I've had nothing but smooth transactions with CL too, but if I were ever treated that way I'd be on the phone to Josh in a heartbeat.

Well, there isn't an army working there....Josh, Thomis, and the guy who does the checks.

I've never dealt with anyone except Josh, but from the way Pirate was talking it didn't sound like it was Josh he talked to about the cracked slabs. confused-smiley-013.gif

Roy.

I'm not criticizing the fact that the slabs were cracked. As you say, sh*t happens. I'm criticizing the attitude of the staffer who talked with Pirate. There is no excuse for that, ever.

I've had nothing but smooth transactions with CL too, but if I were ever treated that way I'd be on the phone to Josh in a heartbeat.

Understood, i was just a little quick with my response....I'm on the same page as you.