• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago Forum Dinner!

128 posts in this topic

Yes. I know its early. But the buzz has already started! It's time to start planning for the greatest forum dinner in the Midwest! Yes, I'm talking about the one taking place during Wizard World Chicago! Why this early? Apparently the buzz has gotten out as to how cool our dinner has been the last two years, and Gibson's is filling up. Got to get the rooms now!

The Details:

What:

CGC Forum Dinner - Chicago

When:

Saturday, August 5th, 6:00pm - ??? (Dinner at 8:00pm)

Where:

The Rosemont Room, Gibson's Steakhouse, 5464 North River Road, Rosemont, IL (right across the street from the con!)

NOTE: If you are planning to attend, please be a good sport and pay me (NOT STEVE) (dcusimano@usa.net) $60 ASAP. Gibson's needs a $500 deposit by May 20th, and I'd like to be able to buy some things at Philly. You know you're going to come, if for no other reason than ogling CentaurMan's Detective 1, so pony up the dough now.

Yep, 3 months of saving so I have enough money to pick up some sweet books. I might have to go on a BA DC Horror binge!!! Doubt I will find nice copies of my GA Captain Marvels that are affordable. But I can hope.

Yep, 3 months of saving so I have enough money to pick up some sweet books. I might have to go on a BA DC Horror binge!!! Doubt I will find nice copies of my GA Captain Marvels that are affordable. But I can hope.

it's hard to say if you'll find any of the GA Caps you want, but I will say I think it's a good con for buying GA books,..that's my opinion. confused-smiley-013.gif

I've got to do EVERYTHING related to Chicago this week. 893whatthe.gif

So does that AGAIN include having a FEW drinks before stumblin' rumblin' bumblin' back to the ol' hotel? 893whatthe.gifwink.gif

IN!

I'm bringing Joe Sarno for an encore.

My buddy who's a HUGE Supes collector.

And for the first time ever...co-founder of the Chicago Comicon:

LARRY CHARET!

yay.gif

Where does everyone stay when there???

I DO believe Lara and I will be in attendance, just need to confirm hotel, flights, etc.

We had an awesome time in Seattle and look forward to meeting those of you in the Midwest!

John thumbsup2.gif

Now, this should be interesting. By the way, do you guys ever see pulps sell at this? I might buy one or two to help round out my collection.

There are generally a few (2 or 3) dealers who bring a short box or two of pulps to the show. This is not the place to buy pulps: so-so selection + stratospheric prices = 893naughty-thumb.gif. You're more likely to get a good deal on a comic at a pulp show than you're going to find a good deal on a pulp at a comic show.