• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago Forum Dinner!

128 posts in this topic

>> do you guys ever see pulps sell at this?

Not many, but a few.

I was there last year and lucked out - found one guy selling some nice books at give-away prices. I bought his whole stock.

I was pleasantly surprised at the variety of things for sale in Chicago -- golden age, silver age, Gold Key, paperback books -- there was really something for everyone.

gozer

----------------

I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer.

Updated 5/15

The Details:

What:

CGC Forum Dinner - Chicago

When:

Saturday, August 5th, 6:00pm - ??? (Dinner at 8:00pm)

Where:

The Rosemont Room, Gibson's Steakhouse, 5464 North River Road, Rosemont, IL (right across the street from the con!)

Attendees

The_Beyonder

thedude

rob_react

Timulty

klodz24seven

143ksk

Moondog +Joe Sarno +Larry Charet

thecollector

jonjesper

Again, I need to make a deposit to Gibson's on Friday - if you're coming, please Paypal me at dcusimano@usa.net $60 ASAP.

and for those of you not on the list - you know you're coming, so sign up now!

Updated 5/22

The Details:

What:

When:

Where:

The Rosemont Room, Gibson's Steakhouse, 5464 North River Road, Rosemont, IL (right across the street from the con!)

Attendees

The_Beyonder

thedude

rob_react

Timulty

klodz24seven

143ksk

Moondog

Joe Sarno

Larry Charet

thecollector

jonjesper

Mike Korcek

CentaurMan

You know you're coming. Make it easy on me and you by RSVPing now - please sign up and Paypal me at dcusimano@usa.net $60.

FD,

My fiancee Lara and myself are planning on going. It's not 100% yet as we don't know how the summer is looking. I have no problems paying for the forum dinner and would be the major reason for going! However, if we don't go, is there a refund policy in place for the $120?

Look forward to hearing from you smile.gif

John thumbsup2.gif

Updated 5/30

The Details:

What:

When:

Where:

Attendees

The_Beyonder

thedude

rob_react

klodz24seven

143ksk

Moondog

Joe Sarno

Larry Charet

thecollector

jonjesper

Mike Korcek

CentaurMan

You know you're coming. Make it easy on me and you by RSVPing now - please sign up and Paypal me at dcusimano@usa.net $60.

Updated 6/05

The Details:

What:

When:

Where:

Attendees

The_Beyonder

thedude

rob_react

klodz24seven

143ksk

Moondog

Joe Sarno

Larry Charet

thecollector

jonjesper

Mike Korcek

CentaurMan

Pedigree Man

I plan to be in Chicago.. Probably just going on Friday though.

I need to save some money so I can look for the items on my want list..

The Chicago Forum Dinner is a great great time - you'll see books you've never seen before and you'll meet up with a group of people who are passionate about the hobby and are a deep well of information. Try to come, you'll truly enjoy it!

I plan to be in Chicago.. Probably just going on Friday though.

I need to save some money so I can look for the items on my want list..

The Chicago Forum Dinner is a great great time - you'll see books you've never seen before and you'll meet up with a group of people who are passionate about the hobby and are a deep well of information. Try to come, you'll truly enjoy it!

I am sure your right.. I will be searching high and low for those SUPER hard to find darkchylde books.. Including those musuem editions.. Might not be able to find those but it wont stop me from looking. smile.gif

I dont know that I will be in town on Saturday anyhow.. I plan to get there Friday as early as possible and spend the good part of the day there.. That will probably be it for me though..

Jay Company had museum editions at WWLA. I don't remember if any were Darkchylde, but maybe they'll have them in Chicago. They always have some cool alt covers even if they don't have the museums with them.

You might also want to try their website... they only have this one right now, but they put them up from time to time.

Jay Company had museum editions at WWLA. I don't remember if any were Darkchylde, but maybe they'll have them in Chicago. They always have some cool alt covers even if they don't have the museums with them.

You might also want to try their website... they only have this one right now, but they put them up from time to time.

I didnt realise they would be there.. however I have already tried to order that one.. its not in stock.. if you try to order it ..the site says they dont have that available in that quanitity.. the quanity I tried to order was 1..

maybe they will have some there at the con though..

if you see a short guy who looks young (even though I am in my 30's)wearing either a UT vols hat or a darkchylde hat.. looking around maybe you could point me in the direction of the good stuff.. grin.gif

Updated 5/22

The Details:

What:

When:

Where:

Attendees

The_Beyonder

thedude

rob_react

Timulty

klodz24seven

143ksk

Moondog

Joe Sarno

Larry Charet

thecollector

jonjesper

Mike Korcek

CentaurMan

Ze, and possibly Wonka..but Ze for sure.