• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stan Lee File Copies
1 1

59 posts in this topic

What the heck are these and how do they come up for sale? I mean, does Stan "the man" sell his books? Is he that desparate for money?? confused-smiley-013.gif

What the heck are these and how do they come up for sale? I mean, does Stan "the man" sell his books? Is he that desparate for money?? confused-smiley-013.gif

They originally went on sale about three years ago now. Might have been a bit more or less, memory is fuzzy. Stan basically put up all his supposed 'file copy' books (yeah right like he ever refered back to anything blush.gif) for sale in one big auction. All the books were signed by Stan himself and certified by CGC. The books were in a variety of grades as I recall, but mostly mid to low.

The books that have been sold subsequently, have presumably been done so by the new owners.

They originally went on sale about three years ago now. Might have been a bit more or less, memory is fuzzy. Stan basically put up all his supposed 'file copy' books (yeah right like he ever refered back to anything blush.gif) for sale in one big auction. All the books were signed by Stan himself and certified by CGC. The books were in a variety of grades as I recall, but mostly mid to low.

The books that have been sold subsequently, have presumably been done so by the new owners.

thumbsup2.gif

Is he that desparate for money?? confused-smiley-013.gif

Maybe, he recently sold his car on ebay confused-smiley-013.gif

Really...the Stan-mobile!? Any idea how much he got?? confused-smiley-013.gif

Wow, signed and everything huh!? Wonder if CGC would grade cars?? Could be a new market for SS cars! grin.gif

Nah, but even "Stan the Man" knows when the time is ripe to fleece the speculators.

I met him a few years ago in Chicago...was like meeting royalty. 2 BIG bouncers on either side of him, 1 item only to get signed...move along. But he was as nice as could be, smiling and joking around!

All the Stan Lee File Copies were signed? News to me, and I have one. heh.

I have several. Not all books were signed.

Correct. I have three that are not signed.

I was conducting some research recently when I stumbled across a Rolling Stone article from 1971 which mentioned Stan Lee's personal collection. I immediately thought of the "File Copies". However, as I continued to read, I found it quite odd that the piece mentioned how Stan's whole collection was ruined as a result of a water leak in his basement.