• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Market Question

31 posts in this topic

Hmmm..not gonna happen anytime soon. wink.gif While I will someday upgrade the 'Qualified' Hulk I think I'll be working on some other keys before I attempt it and even then I'll probably buy CGC.

Too many keys - too little money. grin.gif

Yes CI, you have some very good points. Many times I have overpaid for a book when there is no way I could get the same price for it on a resell. But I enjoy my books and don't plan on selling for many moons. But then again, it is like the speculator market on moderns. I know I have paid more for a book that only say 3 showed up on the census for 9.8 then several months later there are 17 more at that grade. If collectors/investors are looking to turn over profit in the modern market, they have to do it quickly while the book is in high demand or before more come out of the woodwork. Otherwise, just hang on to it and enjoy the ride or you'll end up being disappointed with your purchase.

...........was the what if? 9.8 you won the MOKF issue scottish?

..............if it was, i was interested in that book (as a MOKF collector not really what if?) but was scared away from it for exactly the reasons you are talking about................two crazy guys in a bidding war.............. crazy.gifgrin.gif

I clear out of people's way all the time. This past summer "dutchvalleyman" was the bull going after every Silver Marvel in sight. I just raised my cape and said "OLE!" every time he bid on something I wanted.

I want a full run of 9.6 Byrne X-Men, but every time "doompatrol67" starts tailgating an auction, I just pull out of the speed lane and wait for the next one to go for half what he pays.

Remember that CGC 9.8 Wolverine #4 you paid $300+ for? Well, since then there have at least two separate auctions of the same book (one white and the other OW/W) and neither exceeded $100. Both mentioned your ($316?) buy in the hype text.

Just curious but were any of these WHITE pages? I think that is why scottish's went for so high...other than the obvious competition between two or 3 diehards...but the WHITE page quality I would factor in there as I don't see many of those

The 30 cent variants are worth anywhere from $100.00 to $500.00 and the 35 cent variants are worth anything from $100.00 to $5,000.00 each, as the 35 cents ones are 100 times rarer than the 30 cent variants, which are 30 times rarer than the regular 25 cent issues.

Sooooooooooooo you are getting as bargain if you find them at all...

What an issue is worth is whatever the market will bear... We'll be seeing issues reach the $1,000,000.000 mark this year, and then $3, $5 million after that.

NO I wouldn't spend that, as I would take my wife, mistress, and girlfriend to Cancun or something with a case of Grey Goose and a video camera... I'm more of a living in the moment kid.

I have coverless comics in my collection too.

I've done that, Dr.Neff! Tried to get the wife, the girlfriend, and the mistress to make peace amongst themselves. For awhile, it was like post WW1 Germany around here. People jumping out of windows, suicide attempts, atonal music, quintuple digit inflation! Finally, things settled down but while they were in full swing, I DID get some hellacious aerobic workouts, bobbing , weaving, and ducking!

There's ANOTHER tip for the "losing that gut" post (take all three with you on vacation)! Just sleep with one eye open and hide the cutlery before bedtime so that's ALL you lose!!!