• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metropolis Comics

26 posts in this topic

Hi everyone who reads this

I just wanted to know a little bit more about your previous transactions with them because i was thinking of buying from them. So i just wanted to know how accurate there grading is and how good the packaging is?

Thanks

Danny

I bought an x-men 201 from them that came back cgc 9.8 a year and a half ago. Then again, ive bought like 20 x-men books from them at a time using their grading scale of 9.6 to 9.8 and some I got were 9.2 at best. Kinda depends but overall, I recommend them.

I have found them good to work with. Their customer service is excellent.

In my experience, I have found their grading on books $50 and up to be spot on. Under $50 is a little inconsistent - but they have a great return policy and they will not argue with you - they will take them back no questions asked.

I think they are about as solid a dealer as you will find.

I purchased a handful of raw books from them (7 or 8) and all of them were overgraded with the exception of one. They refunded my money in a timely manner without any hassles, but I don't think I will be buying any raw books from them anytime soon. Since you are in the UK, the cost of returning books due to overgrading would be a waste of money and time. Hope that helps.

I've been happy with their grades on numerous golden age books I've purchased from them over the years, and I used to buy bronze age books from Vinnie b4 he joined the metro and was always happy. Their shipping is fine, and their return policy is pretty much state-of-the-art. As mentioned above, it is a bit of a risk since you're overseas and would have to pay the return shipping, but on more expensive books the % you would be risking (relative to the value of the book), is smaller.

I say go for it!

go in with your eyes wide open....and stay awake.

Dont become a victim like Nic Cage. Theyve got it all and arent afraid to charge top dollar...but its all business over there. A Real New York Outfit.

You should do a search for more info - We've had at least 2 LONG threads on Metro's service. makepoint.gif

first class operation.their return policy is indeed no questions asked.i have only had to return one book(mystery in space # 60 vf/vf+).ifelt it was about a half grade high and i would have kept it anyway if it had been priced at guide.it was still the nicest copy of that book i have ever seen.i would recommend buying OR selling to them.their check comes fast and good as gold.they PAID ME full guide for a book not too long ago.may GOD bless you and your family...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)

thats a very tough book...I can see Metropolis buying it for G guide....

....and selling it for double guide or more. I understand its a business and they have to make a profit, but Im sure they (like most top dealers) will pay straight guide every day for rarer books like yours that they can easily sell for over guide...

I sold Metropolis a stack of 30c variants a couple years ago (at higher prices than what they would fetch today), and the check cleared just fine... which is frankly all I care about when selling to another dealer.

Never bought from them, but I have my eye on a couple things on ther website...

My experience with Metropolis has been positive. Their grading is accurate and fair. Mile High's my initial stop on the internet when looking for comics, but if MET could get their website up to par with Chuck's it would be my FIRST stop. I like their prices.

Mile High's my initial stop on the internet when looking for comics, but if MET could get their website up to par with Chuck's it would be my FIRST stop

You've bought comics from Mile High more than once? confused.gif

Mile High's my initial stop on the internet when looking for comics, but if MET could get their website up to par with Chuck's it would be my FIRST stop

You've bought comics from Mile High more than once? confused.gif

I have. I bought some raw stuff that was pretty well graded. Then I tried it again and the grading was only marginal. But they had some CGCs on sale once and I bought those for reasonable prices, plus free shipping.

As for Metropolis, I have bought a CGC book from them at a pretty decent price (well, 20% markup from the Heritage hammer price, but that was ok by me). They have another few CGCs I'm interested in, but the prices are too high.

I have. I bought some raw stuff that was pretty well graded. Then I tried it again and the grading was only marginal. But they had some CGCs on sale once and I bought those for reasonable prices, plus free shipping.

If you got well graded books from Mile High, then you caught a break. To me, buying from Mile High is a pure gamble, the equivalent of buying "high grade" books off of ebay from a goose egg seller with no picture.

I did forget that with their endless 40% off sales you can actually get CGC books at near market price, so I can see spending some money with them that way.

If you got well graded books from Mile High, then you caught a break. To me, buying from Mile High is a pure gamble, the equivalent of buying "high grade" books off of ebay from a goose egg seller with no picture.

I did forget that with their endless 40% off sales you can actually get CGC books at near market price, so I can see spending some money with them that way.

Yes. Like him or hate him Chuck usually has the inventory you're looking for to fill in runs. His fines and VF were getting a bit too pricey so I dropped down to VG. I have to say, if you're looking for a VG book, Chuck's are usually the best looking of VG books.