• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Does CGC Do With All Those Mylar Bag?

26 posts in this topic

.........JLA, what do you think of the lok-tops?

..........i find that when i use them with time-xtender thick acid-free backers that they squash the book down so tight in the mylar that the book actually looks like it is twisting..............

........i fid that silver books are just TOO snug in the lok-tops...........

This is going to sound odd, but first of all I don't use backing of any kind. The mylars I bought for my Silvers were either "silver" or "gold" sized (for the REAL early Silver). I purchased these back in the mid '80s, plopped the books in- roomy but protected- and tossed 'em all in a standard box. Back then, I don't re-call much in the way of acid-free products.

So far, the books from this batch that I have sent in have come back 8.5-9.6 except for two restoreds. Remember, these are from 17+ years ago with no over-the-top precautions like de-humidifiers or vacuum packaging. Just Mylar & a dark, cool closet. And the lok-tops are great when it comes to the accidental "Whoops, the book's upside down & falling out...THUD!!" You do have to be somewhat adept at removal so the comic doesn't get caught on the front lip. But it's definitely worth it! smile.gif

Rick

This is not a meaningless thread bump just to revive a 17 year old thread.  I was actually seeking this out to see if this was addressed.

so... 

What DOES cgc do with all the bags and boards they have received ?

How has their disposal or use policy changed over the years ?

just wondering...

When they send out all their slab they donate all the mylar bag to comic charity keep in mind they graded over an million comic book and have many customer.

I bought a huge lot of mylars, off these boards, from a then CGC employee. As it was all very up front, I'd guess they allow whomever wants them to take them. Many of them had cgc labels and notes on them. This was around 2006so their policy might have changed.

10 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

This is not a meaningless thread bump just to revive a 17 year old thread.  I was actually seeking this out to see if this was addressed.

so... 

What DOES cgc do with all the bags and boards they have received ?

How has their disposal or use policy changed over the years ?

just wondering...

Tons of them get used for Sig Series - when you transfer the book from your window bag over to CGC they have tons of old mylars that are used for transport back to CGC.

2 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

If you go to bed alive, and wake up dead, can you go to bed dead, and wake up alive..?

Yes. your heart can stop as you are about to lay down in bed as you just fall asleep and start back so you are technically alive when you wake up. lol 

Edited by Krishosein