• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Punisher meets Archie for $1,000

13 posts in this topic

A store in downtown Toronto has a copy of the Punisher meets Archie (the die-cut version) on the wall for $1,000. At first I thought it was a joke, but the employee assured me it was their legit asking price. However, checking eBay just now, there are scores of them available for $5-$10, which is what I would expect.

So, since most people here are far more knowledgable than me, does anyone know why a copy would be going for $1,000? Or is the store either insane, or dragging out a long, unfunny joke I'm completely missing the point of?

BTW, I have one copy, in NM, which anyone here can have for $500 (a 50% discount!) if you like.

Cheers,

Ken

Yes, that's the one. It's a joke.

I wonder how they'd respond to an upscale businessman walking in, and asking to buy the comic? I'd bet a clerk or two might go for it.

I'd love to try that, withdraw my CC, almost set it down on the counter, then slap it back in the wallet, laughing as I left the store.

Japan?

I have a pretty good idea which store in Toronto. It's probably a joke.

I read it too quick and thought Tokyo... 27_laughing.gif

Still, I've seen stupid prices for comics in Japan, so why not Toronto as well. It's probably the French Version.