• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forum Dinner for Heroe's anyone?

90 posts in this topic

Just wondering...do we have a list of the vendors that will be there? I need to synch up with them and see if they are bringing anything of interest I would need....

I agree - that would be very helpful. Do any of you guys know what OA dealers will be there?

Also - I just booked my room last week and the Convention rate for the Westin Charlotte ($119) is still available. Its a little pricier than the City Center Courtyard by Marriot ($75), but when I called, the City Center only had rooms with one bed left (the Westin still had some rooms with two).

Just wondering...do we have a list of the vendors that will be there? I need to synch up with them and see if they are bringing anything of interest I would need....

Sterling - you would have to check with Shelton - we usually find out when we get the email we print out that authorizes our entry into the loading dock at the show.

That usually doesn't arrive until the Tuesday or Wednesday the week of the show.

Hey I wont be there but if your going to UNOs my Brother-n-law owns 2 here in the fort. I might be able to get some coupons or something if they work out of state and send them to you Arex. My contribution to the dinner crew. Let me know.

Anybody have an exhibitor pass for this show that they'd be willing to sell? I might have one lined up but if I could get something concrete here I'd probably take it.

It is looking like Friday night around 7:30-8:00.

The commoon resteraunt theme is UNO's.

Is this kosher with everyone?

Hey guys, for the Raleigh contingent that makes for a late night drive back from Charlotte. I completely understand that the sellers need to stay at the con until it closes at 7:00, and no way am I saying you all need to plan exclusively around us. But maybe we could have this be a rolling event, with the first shift arriving at 5:30 or so? Then hopefully there would be a short overlap around 7:30 or so when most of the forumites are together before some of us head back towards the Triangle.

Hey guys, for the Raleigh contingent that makes for a late night drive back from Charlotte. I completely understand that the sellers need to stay at the con until it closes at 7:00, and no way am I saying you all need to plan exclusively around us. But maybe we could have this be a rolling event, with the first shift arriving at 5:30 or so? Then hopefully there would be a short overlap around 7:30 or so when most of the forumites are together before some of us head back towards the Triangle.

I'd also be in the early contingent. How 'bout Buttock? Nerf? Any other triangle forum members heading down on friday? confused-smiley-013.gif

I think that is a good idea Zonker.

Anyone else have objections to this?

i won't arrive until about 6 on friday so i'll be looking to find people to eat later.

893whatthe.gif

Holy Typo Batman 893whatthe.gif

After looking at the varying schedules it might be best to play it by ear when we get there.

There are too many diferent schedules to work around to get close to a concensus.

Lets play it by ear and see how it works out. We can work on some plans during the con.

Arex

I am fairly new to the boards and have never met any of you guys. I need a way to recognize someone that knows everyone else, so I can introduce myself.

Also, every one going should post thier short list of stuff they will be looking for. I or some other forum member might have some of those items to bring along to sell or trade.

I will be looking for: Raw or slabbed

Strange Tales #102-#109 8.0 - 9.2

Tales to Astonish #49 - #61 8.0-9.2

Daredevil #1 6.5-8.0

Daredevil #7 7.5 or better

TOS #52 and 57 7.5 or better - but who isn't

Captain America 100-117 (various) 9.4 or Peds

Avengers #57 9.2 or better or Ped

Avengers #4 7.0-8.5

Early Black Terror appearances 4.0 or better

Pre Robin Detective 1.5-4.0

I am fairly new to the boards and have never met any of you guys. I need a way to recognize someone that knows everyone else, so I can introduce myself.

Also, every one going should post thier short list of stuff they will be looking for. I or some other forum member might have some of those items to bring along to sell or trade.

I will be looking for: Raw or slabbed

Strange Tales #102-#109 8.0 - 9.2

Tales to Astonish #49 - #61 8.0-9.2

Daredevil #1 6.5-8.0

Daredevil #7 7.5 or better

TOS #52 and 57 7.5 or better - but who isn't

Captain America 100-117 (various) 9.4 or Peds

Avengers #57 9.2 or better or Ped

Avengers #4 7.0-8.5

Early Black Terror appearances 4.0 or better

Pre Robin Detective 1.5-4.0

Good idea Mike. Im going looking for:

Cap 100-120ish 9.2/9.4 or peds

Avengers 6 and 8 vf/vf+ or any pedigree Avengers

Green Lantern 52 vf/nm 87 nm-/nm

Thor 148 9.2/9.4 or ped 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I agree. Good idea. I will have some nice books with me for sale, along with a brand new major purchase!!! 893whatthe.gif

I'll be looking for:

-Most of the Tales of Suspense books in at least 7.0.

-Many of the X-men from #2-94; 6.0 or higher but am willing to go down to 5.0 if it has good eye appeal still.

-Early Detective Comics in 1.0-4.0

-Any Timely Caps

-Any miscellaneous GA war books with nice cover art

I can't wait! I am looking forward to this CON big time. headbang.gif

I'd love to go to the Dinner, but I won't be showing up in Charlotte until Saturday. Me and my buddies will be hitting UNO's Saturday night though - it sounds really good.

My Want List for the Con is pretty simple- I'll just be looking for OA. smile.gif