• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nice Showcase 24

14 posts in this topic

It barely sold for guide. What would make anyone think they can get guide and a half for it less than one week later? For that price you would think they could at least throw in a nice press job first. The #18 is a flip too.

remember that nice 8.5 Showcase 24 at Heritage ? I guess the winner doesnt, cause its already up on Comiclink!

Sold for $903.

Comiclink price $1475.

Glad to see it went into the hands of a true collector. Too bad he died and they had to settle the estate so quickly. tongue.gif

It barely sold for guide. What would make anyone think they can get guide and a half for it less than one week later?

Considering that I've seen a book sell 3 or 4 times over on the same day at a convention, there's no reason why it might not sell on the Link. Then again, I wouldn't bet on this copy selling this week at that price.

whats funny is that when I saw it on the Link, I almost jumped on the BIN price since Showcase 23 and 24 and BB 29 and 30 are books I really like, and are tough in 8.5 or better, and $1475 didnt sound too steep. But it occurred to me I had seen a copy on Heritage and sure enough. there was the same exact copy going for 2/3rds as much last week. Glad i hesitated!

It barely sold for guide. What would make anyone think they can get guide and a half for it less than one week later?

Because not everyone has all the same information at the same time. The whole concept of arbitrage exists because of inefficiencies in flows of information. Not everyone who follows Heritage auctions follows Comiclink auctions/listings, and vice versa. I believe we've seen numerous instances of someone buying X book on one site and flipping it at a decent profit a few weeks later at a different site.

whats funny is that when I saw it on the Link, I almost jumped on the BIN price since Showcase 23 and 24 and BB 29 and 30 are books I really like, and are tough in 8.5 or better, and $1475 didnt sound too steep. But it occurred to me I had seen a copy on Heritage and sure enough. there was the same exact copy going for 2/3rds as much last week. Glad i hesitated!

If you liked the book for $1475 on CL, why in the world didn't you like the book even more at 2/3 of the price on Heritage?

If you liked the book for $1475 on CL, why in the world didn't you like the book even more at 2/3 of the price on Heritage?

was thinking the same thing............. grin.gif

i contacted the "link", gave them all my pertinent info via the required forms for new sellers, listed the specific books i was interested in selling and hit the send button. thought they were then supposed to contact me. haven't heard a peep in a week.

back to the drawing board................ confused.gif

i contacted the "link", gave them all my pertinent info via the required forms for new sellers, listed the specific books i was interested in selling and hit the send button. thought they were then supposed to contact me. haven't heard a peep in a week.

back to the drawing board................ confused.gif

Give Josh a call. It`s barely a long distance call for you. poke2.gif The seller interface on CL is not the most intuitive I`ve ever seen.

popcorn.gif

popcorn.gif

Its all context. I was tracking it on Heritage. Maybe even bid on it. But the price was already beyond a "real good deal." And with the bid increments I would probably be looking at 3 jumps from where it was to win it (Im sure you are familiar with this.) So I let it go.. Frankly, I cant be the only one responsible for keeping DC collectors honest in the Heritage hunting by bidding them up to decent levels before passing since I was the underbidder or second on a few others I quit chasing when the price caught up with market levels... so I dint want to push the buyer up a notch here cause I just might have bought the darn thing...

And its a third appearance.... and its going to get nudged out of the top five copies (where I feel safe) at some point... and I have 2 or three copies already which Im into pretty cheap from years ago.....

you with me so far on all this?

So there it is, now on Comiclink, and, as you know, early DC keys dont show up all that often in 8.5 or better. So im interested, before doing homework on the census and GPA history, and since prices are all over th emap now, 1475 sounded pretty fair for what "must be" one of the best copies of a pretty tough book.....

and so, finally, I remembered either a 23 or 24 on Heritage and I put two and two together.

And that, dear diary, is why I didnt buy it either time. sigh.... I hope you were seriously interested in my reasoning, not just "giving me the business"...?

I pour my heart and soul and plumb my innermost thoughts in replying to your repeated query TTH, and I get no answer...?

Thinl I'll make some popcorn whilst I wait. popcorn.gifpoke2.gif

Dunno what you want me to say. confused-smiley-013.gif I still don`t understand why you thought it was expensive at $900 and cheap at $1475, but there doesn`t seem to be any point in harassing you about it.

cause I dont have a GPA/Overstreet freekin encyclopia in my head! Both prices sound high and low until I do the research, but equally doable. anyway, dont you ever see a book pop up at a price that seems decent until you look it up? I keep thinking you and I have so much in common, comics-wise. So I'm always surprised we dont see things the same all the time.