• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC 9.8 Amazing Spider-Man #45

39 posts in this topic

And I don't get why anyone would spend a few hundred on a fair copy of a golden age book that I'd rather throw in the trash then look at. Point is everyone is allowed to collect what they like, just because YOU think it's a waste of money doesn't mean they see it the same way. What makes what you collect and spend any better/wiser than people who choose to collect 9.8 Spidey's? makepoint.gif

Do you really want us to answer that question? Isn't it obvious? insane.gif

That's a stupid price. No one is disparaging anyone who wants to collect 9.8 spideys, but that's a stupid price. Period.

This is exactly the attitude I'm talking about. I could not give a rat's azz about a beater copy of Tec 31, but I have no problem with people who pay up for one because that's what they are into. Why is it that people have such a huge problem with high prices being paid for high grade books? Collect what you like and let others do the same. If you don't have anything constructive to say, keep your trap shut. For the record, I didn't buy that Spidey, nor would I but that's not the point.

This is exactly the attitude I'm talking about. I could not give a rat's azz about a beater copy of Tec 31, but I have no problem with people who pay up for one because that's what they are into. Why is it that people have such a huge problem with high prices being paid for high grade books? Collect what you like and let others do the same. If you don't have anything constructive to say, keep your trap shut. For the record, I didn't buy that Spidey, nor would I but that's not the point.

gotta agree with you....I think most (or ALL) of the people ripping these prices would have no problem accepting the $$ if it was their book that got graded makepoint.gif

We gotta stop ripping on people that have different collecting interests...If everyone wanted what you or i did, it'd be pretty lousy collecting.

Why is it that people have such a huge problem with high prices being paid for high grade books? Collect what you like and let others do the same.

I think people are just commenting on the dollar descrepancy between a 9.6 and a 9.8 (about 10?) when there is such a minute (any?) difference between the two grades.

With all these people ripping other people's collecting interests I'm really happy I'm into common things like pedigreed Sgt Furys and Night Nurse OA. NO ONE makes fun of Night Nurse.

With all these people ripping other people's collecting interests I'm really happy I'm into common things like pedigreed Sgt Furys and Night Nurse OA. NO ONE makes fun of Night Nurse.

Actually, anyone that collects night nurse needs to get out a little more 27_laughing.gif

(there are always exceptions to the ripping rule) makepoint.gif

flowerred.gif

Everyone is entitled to his comments, even clowns like you. thumbsup2.gif

just the fact that a 9.8 got $5000 and the last sale of a 9.6 got $860.. Thats a big difference and its 1 of 2..... I guess its still nice to see crazy money being spent on comics

Why wouldn't a 9.8 ASM collector just buy 5 9.6 copies...use the change to get Matt to work his magic and create them a 9.8....then sell off the 4 'rejects' to recoup 80% of their cost? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

just the fact that a 9.8 got $5000 and the last sale of a 9.6 got $860.. Thats a big difference and its 1 of 2..... I guess its still nice to see crazy money being spent on comics

Why wouldn't a 9.8 ASM collector just buy 5 9.6 copies...use the change to get Matt to work his magic and create them a 9.8....then sell off the 4 'rejects' to recoup 80% of their cost? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

I agree 110%. Id say more but Im laughing too hard... $5000??????? hahahahahhahahahahhahaha Its just unwise to pverpay for anything, thats all.

you mean 400% of their cost right? And Matt would do it too cause he believes having 6 copies in 9.8 is GOOD for the market!!

Just the type of well thought out, mature, reasonable response I'd expect from a 4th grader.

it was a little more mature than your claim that paying 5k for the ASM 45 was not an insane move, no?