• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the most you ever spent on a comic?

41 posts in this topic

Pep Comics #22 - $5250

I hated the staple placement (too far right of center) so I returned the book. Great guy I bought it from, and there was no hassle returning it.

Pep Comics #1 - $1400 - Highest I ever kept.

AF 15, Restored - not gonna say (but it was a GREAT deal nonetheless)

ASM #1 G $650

$275 USM #1 White

$150 ASM 129 NM

Eventually, though, my top-dollar book is gonna be a Hulk 181, somewhere 9.2-9.6. Anyone wanna make an offer?

A long gone Hulk 181 cgc 9.6 OW for $3,200 delivered. I have several hundred dollar purchases and even a few $500+ purchases, but that one takes the cake!

DAM

$17,500 for a Marvel Comics 1, in 1987, sold it in 1991/2 for nice profit. Years later the seller told me book had been restored. Never heard anything from dealer I sold it to,so he must have flipped it also.

$115,000 nine years ago on the Edgar Church/Mile High copy of More Fun #52 and I even knew at the time that it had a very minor amount of work done to it. It is an AMAZING copy of that issue, by far the best copy I have ever seen, the inks still look wet! cloud9.gif

Long gone now frown.gif

$115,000 nine years ago on the Edgar Church/Mile High copy of More Fun #52 and I even knew at the time that it had a very minor amount of work done to it. It is an AMAZING copy of that issue, by far the best copy I have ever seen, the inks still look wet! cloud9.gif

Long gone now frown.gif

Have you seen it come through CGC yet?

The most I ever spent on a comic for myself is $1500 for a Superboy #2, CGC 8.0 - the Highest Graded copy!

Heritage has a Superboy #1 CGC 9.0 in the San Diego auction that I really, really want, but it will probably go too high for me. But if Steve has lots of extra dough laying around, he could buy it for me. I'll trade you bunches of Dead CDs for it! laugh.gif

But if Steve has lots of extra dough laying around, he could buy it for me. I'll trade you bunches of Dead CDs for it!

Nice try... But we all know Steve isn't allowed to deal in comics... tongue.gif

That must have been weird, the couple months right before starting at CGC, knowing you wouldn't be able to deal in comics again for so long... trying to figure out which books would stay in your collection all that time... like having to make a time capsule...

In reply to the thread... the most I have spent on a book I kept more than a couple weeks is $800, for one of my TOS49's... I have purchased several books for more than that that were immediate flips and I don't really count those...

"That must have been weird, the couple months right before starting at CGC, knowing you wouldn't be able to deal in comics again for so long... trying to figure out which books would stay in your collection all that time... like having to make a time capsule..."

I got rid of ALL my comics(Very hard to do. frown.gifsniff, sniff) and started collecting original comic art. I still buy the new monthly comics, about 100 a month, but I just read them and give most away. I knew I would be under the largest microscope this hobby has seen, except for maybe Bob and his price guide, so I did not want to be questioned about buying for or selling comics from my personal collection. I also knew that if CGC worked, and it did, I would be looking at the worlds largest and greatest comic collection everyday. I truly believe that I have the greatest job in the world cloud9.gif

> Action #1

POV,

What happened? Why did you move from GA keys to horror??

Well, I never really collected GA keys when I bought it. I had a windfall and the opportunity presented itself and it WAS Action 1 so ...

And the horror is still GA and there are a few keys there - though nothing like that one! grin.gif

I knew I would be under the largest microscope this hobby has seen, except for maybe Bob and his price guide

I'm not sure I understand this, as Bob was a huge comic dealer up until recently...