• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quickie 70s and 80s Marvel series

33 posts in this topic

Anyone have a list of all the short-lived Marvel books from the 70s? Or at least have ones to add?

Books like:

Arrgh!

Battlestar Galactica

Black Goliath

Black Panther

Captain Savage

Cat

Champions

Combat Kelly

Crazy

Devil Dinosaur

Doc Savage

Eternals

Frankenstein

Godzilla

Gunhawks

Harvey

Homer the Happy Ghost

Howard the Duck

Human Fly

Human Torch

Inhumans

Iron Fist

John Carter

Jungle Action

Ka-zar

Kull

Li'l Pals

Li'l Kids

Logan's Run

Machine Man

Man From Atlantis

Man-Thing

Marvel Feature: Red Sonja

Marvel Spectacular

Ms Marvel

Night Nurse cloud9.gif

Night Rider

Nova

Omega

Outlaw Kid

Peter the Little Pest

Planet of the Apes

Red Sonja

Red Wolf

Ringo Kid

Shanna

Shogun Warriors

Skull the Slayer

Son of Satan

Special Marvel Edition

Spoof

Supernatural Thrillers

Tales to Astonish V3

Tarzan

Tex Dawson, Gun-slinger

Warlock

Western Kid

Western GunFighters

Western Team-up

Horror:

Beware

Chamber of Chills

Crypt of Shadows

Dead of Night

Journey Into Mystery

Marvel Chillers

Tomb of Darkness

Uncanny Tales

Vault of Evil

War is Hell

Weird Wonder Tales

Where Creatures Roam

Worlds Unknown

In general I'm interested in any Marvel book that came out before ~1985, and there are so many of these little titles that escape my memory when I sit down to update my want list. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Red Sonja

Nova

Machine Man

Black Goliath

Shogun Warriors

Ms. Marvel

Tarzan

King Kull

Amazing Adventures, Astonishing Tales, Creatures on the Loose, Marvel Feature aren't one character books, so I wouldn't include them.

(John Carter went 28 issues, so I've put some up that went around that long)

A bunch of Marvel Horror started in the early 70s and probably didn't last much past 35 issues.

1980-1985, I won't even go there. Tons of junkola came out then, not worth remembering.

I have no issue adding the horror books. Its just hard to keep track since so many change titles half way through. Creatures on the Loose and Monsters on the Prowl aren't going to escape anyone's attention. Didn't they start as Chamber of Darkness and Tower of Shadows? That's the part I can never keep straight.

Beware, Tomb of Darkness, Uncanny Tales...those were short-lived and didn't turn into anything else eh?

I have no issue adding the horror books. Its just hard to keep track since so many change titles half way through. Creatures on the Loose and Monsters on the Prowl aren't going to escape anyone's attention. Didn't they start as Chamber of Darkness and Tower of Shadows? That's the part I can never keep straight.

Beware, Tomb of Darkness, Uncanny Tales...those were short-lived and didn't turn into anything else eh?

ALso dead of night, crypt of shadows, chamber of chillds, wierd wonder tales...

Supernatural Thrillers Featuring It!

I guess we've forgotten all of the marvel Hanna Barbera books like the Flintstones, Scooby Doo, The Jetsons, Dinomutt, Spotlight, Laff-A-Lympics, Captain Caveman, Yogi Bear..... there are more, I'm sure of it

I guess we've forgotten all of the marvel Hanna Barbera books like the Flintstones, Scooby Doo, The Jetsons, Dinomutt, Spotlight, Laff-A-Lympics, Captain Caveman, Yogi Bear..... there are more, I'm sure of it

There sure are, and that's why I've shut up about them. No use even listing the "little kiddie books". foreheadslap.gif