• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justice League #21-revised with better pics

11 posts in this topic

I bought this awhile ago, but I was bored so I thought I would post it for critique.

front:

jla214pf.th.jpg

back:

jla21back8ka.th.jpg

I was actually pretty shocked out how the scanner brought out the flaws. It really doesn't look that bad even under very strong light. Oh well.

What do you see that makes it a 6.0? I think 6.5/7.0.

takeit.gif

i'm thinking that the biggest defects are the top edge and the vertical creasing along the right edge............and i'm thinking a 6.5............BUT, i remember from my grading contest days that these size scans tend to magnify defects, so your 6.5 - 7.0 may be about right....................... grin.gif

Just FYI the top and right edges appear in the scan like there is serious color break and wear when in reality those are slight dings/folds/whatever you want to call them that are reflecting light. With the exception of the nick on the right side, the edge wear doesn't appear like it does in the scan when you actually hold the book in hand under good light.

I'm no lobbying for a better grade or anything, but I figured I'd throw that out there. Personally, I had it as a 6.5, but I've got comics that look about as bad that are 7.0's.

I would have to say that if I were to receive it in the mail as a 7.0 I would not return it.If I received it as a 6.5 I would DEFINITELY do business with the seller again.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif