• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain Marvel Adventures 29

22 posts in this topic

I just bought CMA #29, graded at 9.2 OW, 2nd highest graded yay.gifyay.gif

I'm a mix of happy and nervous; nervous because this is the most I've ever spent on a book and it's now the most expensive book in my collection, happy because it's the first Mr Mind cover as well as the reasons why I'm nervous!

The sad thing is I have a budget, and my budget on GA's is blown until August now. Oh well, I'll just have to keep myself from looking at sale sites and ebay...

I just wanted to share my excitement, thanks for listening cloud9.gif

I usually go between 8.0 and 9.0. You WILL NOT be disappointed with this purchase!! Great cover. And Mister Mind to boot. You should be very proud. thumbsup2.gif Well, except for one thing....

Where are the pics? grin.gif

I'm a collector on a budget also,and I decided a while back that I'd rather have a few REALLY nice copies of my favorite books than hundreds of books that I don't look at much.The thing that you have to be nervous about is deciding you want more high grade and start selling books to get them.That can become work.Congrats and lets see some pics.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)

I hope it isn't the 4.5 I sold last year pressed into 9.2 condition

Sheesh, I hope not! 893whatthe.gif

The listing with pics that the site had is already gone. The book should arrive by next tuesday, I'll post pics then.

It's funny, because the completist in me wants them all. I realize there are certain covers I like more than others, and when it comes to GA, I think I'm actually willing to wait and get my favorites (which are mostly earlier issues of course). It's a completely different mindset from what I have with moderns (budget has something do with it!)

actually, i think i sent that one up to canada somewhere and I believe it was a rip on the back cover that knocked it down, not pressable creases. was keeping my fingers crossed that it didn't get "lost" in transit.

I go for the ones as you come across them, for the price you want. I have started to put together a nice run of these. but I figure it will be 15 years before I finish up. I have been trying to buy the scarce ones first though. Those are a real pain to collect.