• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink

153 posts in this topic

I know some are sick of hearing about these guys but i need advice. I received three cracked slabs from them. I sent them scans and they are saying after I wait a month of the ups claim they will give me resub fees for one of them as they say the other two books have minor cracks which are consistent with CGC's slabs. They say there policy is not to pay for slabs that are damaged. Anyone else get cracked slabs that they have paid for or accepted returns on with no fuss or am i being singled out by this tomis guy.

well since i already [embarrassing lack of self control] up the forum, might as well post the slabs here. If anyone wants to buy them let me know smile.gif They put all three slabs together in an envelop and then put in thin box ups. all cracks in same impact area.

th_crackslab1.jpg

th_crackslab2.jpg

th_crackslab3.jpg

I purchased a slab once from them that had a slab length scratch that did not show in the scan (or was added later). Called and spoke to them and I still own siad copy today. Was not worth the hassle and I will send it in for a new case soon.

a scratch is one thing but three cracked slabs. They can put a claim in through ups and give me my money back but they want to see how far i'll take it. I'm stubborn

Demand re-holdering fees & then just crack the books & keep them raw.

If the slabs were not packed securely, Comiclink is completely responsible & MUST pay reholdering fees at the very least. sumo.gif

Demand re-holdering fees & then just crack the books & keep them raw.

If the slabs were not packed securely, Comiclink is completely responsible & MUST pay reholdering fees at the very least. sumo.gif

Agreed. We all know that books can be damaged inside the slabs when this happens. First call CGC and get the grader's notes to make sure there are no extra flaws due to the shipping damage. File a claim online with UPS for the recase, include in the claim all your shipping expenses. UPS is very good about paying insurance claims. Once UPS clears the claim, send them to CGC for a recase. UPS will reimburse the shipper (comiclink) and Comiclink is obligated to fully reimburse you.

tell that to them. They said they would only reholder the one once the ups claim has gone through. I have prepaid legal so will probably have them send out a letter.

thanks for the info, i submitted an online claim, [embarrassing lack of self control] comiclink and waiting on them.

now that i asked them to put in a damage claim, they have blocked my account. Think i will contact my attorney.

Email from the friendly staff.

Lawyer is being called in the morning. Hopefully not many of you have to deal with this type of service. Think i will stick to the boards and established dealers.

ComicLink has discontinued your account for several reasons.

1 Two of the scans you provided show extremely minor hairline cracks in the case. You and I both know that these cracks often occur during encapsulation and yet you want to be paid to reholder books that cost approximately $20.

2 We have filed a UPS claim for the all three books as requested and wish you luck on convincing UPS that the almost imperceptible damage on the two holders is insurable.

3 ComicLink is a private website and we have the option of discontinuing service to any client at any time.