• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink

153 posts in this topic

Like many dealers...I have no doubt Josh does a forum search under his Ebay ID once a week or so.

Unless he's on vacation...he's seen this thread.

Josh thinks forum members are "just a bunch of insufficiently_thoughtful_persons" , so he probably has no idea the impact this insignificant customer service issue could potentially have on his business.

Hi Josh. hi.gif

You don't know me....but that's only because you were too cool to bother introducing yourself to me a couple years ago in Chicago.

tongue.gif

Tomis Erb and Josh Nathanson...do they actually have anyone working there besides these two?

One time I called and the accountant who writes the checks answered. confused-smiley-013.gif

give the accountant my info gossip.gif

Morning. hi.gif

comiclink User Collector Mon May 29 2006 10:24 AM Reading a post in flat mode

Comiclink

Speaks volumes

I've been waiting for Josh or Tomis to weigh in. I called up there this morning and an old friend and collector answered the phone so, yes, there are others working up there. I spoke with Tomis and urged him to at least explain his side of the story. I've been a customer/consignor with Comiclink for years and have always been 100% satisfied with my dealings. They treated me well when I was buying $100 books and have continued to. I think of all the auction/sale sites, they have their act together the best. No annoying buyers fees like Heritage and their bookkeeping is excellent. Tomis or Josh is always willing to talk with me about anything. Pirate, there's got to be more to this. I find it hard to believe they would treat you badly without some provocation. What's more, it's my understanding they told you they would reimburse the holder fees. Did you threaten legal action as soon as you received your books? I just ask because as a dealer, that would certainly [embarrassing lack of self control] me off and set the tone of any agreement or disagreement. I've had buyers in the past not even give me a chance to rectify a situation before going off on me or threatening legal action. I don't know the entire story but find it hard to believe everything is as you say having dealt with these guys for years.

keith contarino

I know some are sick of hearing about these guys but i need advice. I received three cracked slabs from them. I sent them scans and they are saying after I wait a month of the ups claim they will give me resub fees for one of them as they say the other two books have minor cracks which are consistent with CGC's slabs. They say there policy is not to pay for slabs that are damaged. Anyone else get cracked slabs that they have paid for or accepted returns on with no fuss or am i being singled out by this tomis guy.

Keith, I have known Pirate for quite some time and dealt with him on numerous occassions...bottom line he paid for 3 CGC books, he received 3 cracked CGC books in their place.

The business, Comiclink, which should have a business plan in place for fragile items such as graded books, said there policy is to not pay for slabs that are damaged.

I think questioning the consumer who made a purchase in good faith is not right...

If Comiclink wanted to take care of this like they told you it would have been done. Everyday they pass is more damage to their business, they might not feel it today, but it will be in the mind of many potential buyers and current buyers in the future.

I've been a customer/consignor with Comiclink for years and have always been 100% satisfied with my dealings. They treated me well when I was buying $100 books and have continued to. keith contarino

I think possibly because you have spent many $$$ with Comiclink that perhaps your experience is different? Just a thought. I am curious to see how someone such as CL treats one of the "smaller" customers.

I've been waiting for Josh or Tomis to weigh in. I called up there this morning and an old friend and collector answered the phone so, yes, there are others working up there. I spoke with Tomis and urged him to at least explain his side of the story. I've been a customer/consignor with Comiclink for years and have always been 100% satisfied with my dealings. They treated me well when I was buying $100 books and have continued to. I think of all the auction/sale sites, they have their act together the best. No annoying buyers fees like Heritage and their bookkeeping is excellent. Tomis or Josh is always willing to talk with me about anything. Pirate, there's got to be more to this. I find it hard to believe they would treat you badly without some provocation. What's more, it's my understanding they told you they would reimburse the holder fees. Did you threaten legal action as soon as you received your books? I just ask because as a dealer, that would certainly [embarrassing lack of self control] me off and set the tone of any agreement or disagreement. I've had buyers in the past not even give me a chance to rectify a situation before going off on me or threatening legal action. I don't know the entire story but find it hard to believe everything is as you say having dealt with these guys for years.

keith contarino

Well your understanding is off. Their reply is when ups pays them, they'll pay me. I could give a rats [embarrassing lack of self control] if they don't like my tone as i don't like receiving [embarrassing lack of self control] and then having some BSD accuse me of cracking slabs in order to get $70 back. After two weeks of no action or response to emails, I got a little ticked off. As for the lawyer, that isn't a threat, it's a promise. In this day and age, i will not tolerate any company taking my money and not delivering on the goods. And you are right, no buyer's fee except for that annoying 3% credit card charge.

Last but not least if they don't want to reply thats fine, they don't need you to fight their battles.

Everyday they pass is more damage to their business, they might not feel it today, but it will be in the mind of many potential buyers and current buyers in the future.

Until they have a book you want.

Been to the site, looked at books, never purchased...never will. But thanks for the smart comment Ron... stooges.gif

Everyday they pass is more damage to their business, they might not feel it today, but it will be in the mind of many potential buyers and current buyers in the future.

Speak for yourself. gossip.gif

. No annoying buyers fees like Heritage and their bookkeeping is excellent.

I find it hard to believe they would treat you badly without some provocation. What's more, it's my understanding they told you they would reimburse the holder fees. Did you threaten legal action as soon as you received your books? I just ask because as a dealer, that would certainly [embarrassing lack of self control] me off and set the tone of any agreement or disagreement. I've had buyers in the past not even give me a chance to rectify a situation before going off on me or threatening legal action. I don't know the entire story but find it hard to believe everything is as you say having dealt with these guys for years.

keith contarino

I have only bought a couple of books from CL and the books were shipped quickly and packed well.

When someone buys a book from me and claims the case was cracked, I ask for a scan, and issue a refund for recasing fees. As a buyer, I refuse to do any further business with any seller who fails to handle a problem (I don't know the entire story in this case).

Regarding Heritage buyer fees: I will gladly pay a higher buyers fee as long as thre final sales price is comparable.

OT - Exactly, I don't bid more than I am willing to pay for the whole shebang at Heritage. That means a book that I expect to spend $250 on, I only bid to $200 Sure, I lose auctions but I would rather get at the price point that I set. Most books can be bought this way. You just have to be patient.

Pirate, I bought a book for $140 from them. It was shipped well(double boxed and extra bubble wrap). So, it arrived fine. I wouldn't be surprised if you got a hold of someone who was rude. Which was an incredible disservice to you. I would let loose the dogs of war. Or at least get someone in to mediate your claim.

Been to the site, looked at books, never purchased...never will. But thanks for the smart comment Ron... stooges.gif

I'm smart! yay.gif