• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Do You Carry Comics At A Con?

37 posts in this topic

A back pack is the only way to go

OK, so a backpack it is.

What is the backpack of choice?

Large top opening is a must, a side compartment for your GPA up to the second ticker PDA guide,gloves caddy

What else does a Comic book backpack need?

I smell a business oportunity...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I have a hard briefcase that holds two stacks of approximately 20 comics each. And, best of all, I can use it to sit on while I'm going through boxes on the floor smile.gif

I go for the briefcase as well, and yeah, it is good as a bench when I have to go through those boxes on the floor.

OK, so a backpack it is.

Large top opening is a must, a side compartment for your GPA up to the second ticker PDA guide,gloves caddy

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

MRI's.........beats the Con's pizza & hot dogs. acclaim.gif

OK, so a backpack it is.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, Happy birthday dear Fuelman Happy birthday to you...

And many morrre.

Since you are online it is our right to ask, wtf did you do on your B day, and what plans yet remain..

Do tell

Ze-

Since you are online it is our right to ask, wtf did you do on your B day, and what plans yet remain..

Do tell

Ze-

No plans......it's a school night ( and "NO" I'm not still in school.......I wish!). Got work tomorrow, so just surfing, watching a little DVD & chillin'. thumbsup2.gif

Do tell

Ze-

No plans......it's a school night ( and "NO" I'm not still in school.......I wish!). Got work tomorrow, so just surfing, watching a little DVD & chillin'. thumbsup2.gif

Oh,..............and visited my Mom in the hospital. Love my Mom!!! cloud9.gif

I carried a semi hard sided black bag that had a nice shoulder strap that I could put a short box in. I'd fill it during the day with new purchases as I sold out of it walking and trading with the dealers and other collectors. I paid for the entire Con travel, hotel, car, and new purchases by trading and selling bronze age books from one of the a collection that I purchased from a one time worker at GA collectibles at Pike Place in Seattle. I had multiple Marvel Spotlight #1-5, Lot's of Starlin Warlock 9-15 when they were HOT, and other bronze age keys that were easy flips. I still have some books from the collection and have sold a couple to board members. It was a great group of books. Here's one for example..... 1247262-ComicBook0755.JPG

1247262-ComicBook0755.JPG.74561564dd55854bac99b41a865fbd3c.JPG

I carry a very large wide hardcase,of the type mostly used by lawyers.Its pretty heavy,so I don't worry about anyone sneaking off with it,and carried slightly forward is great for opening up wedges in crowded spots. Holds about 100 comics.

OK, so a backpack it is.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

MREs. And MRI is a medical diagnostic tool.

When I'm at the local convention, I bring a plastic grocery bag to carry my comics. They stack up nice inside it. When I was at Wondercon last year, I brought a short box and basically ended up filling it from the bargain bins.

A briefcase or box that holds 20 comics wouldn't work for me because I like to buy stuff from the bargain bins and end up with 50 or more new comics that way after every show. (Although the number is going down as my runs fill in!)

I tried using a canvas grocery bag, but that doesn't work as well as the plastic ones. It doesn't conform to the shape of the books as well.