• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Do You Carry Comics At A Con?

37 posts in this topic

With the San Diego CC on the way I thought I would ask you guys what you use to carry around your comic purchases while at a con. Right now I have a fairly nice messenger bag that I put a box in that is big enough to hold about 15 comics. While it works for what I'm doing, it's kind of a pain to pull the box out everytime I buy something so that I can load it in.

So what do you guys use?

With the San Diego CC on the way I thought I would ask you guys what you use to carry around your comic purchases while at a con. Right now I have a fairly nice messenger bag that I put a box in that is big enough to hold about 15 comics. While it works for what I'm doing, it's kind of a pain to pull the box out everytime I buy something so that I can load it in.

So what do you guys use?

I bring a little person with me, midget for the less politically correct, he lugs my stuff around. The best part is I only pay him half salary.

I kid I kid

Back pack is good, if you have an art portfolio it can carry comics in the unused portions. Attache case or briefcase if you want to look like a professional geek. I've even seen some use mini luggage that they wheel around incase you pick up statues or figs or anything other then a comic.

I bring my military styled backpack with all of my Ranger patches on it...

When I set it down over some bookcases and some one needs to get to those books that

they are setting on...

they always politely ask and never touch it...

I wonder why.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I recently went to the Windy City Pulp Con and carried two unfolded USPS flat rate boxes ( 11" X 9" X 6" deep). Used them to pack my books and put them inside my suitcase, which I carried on board. Would've worked for mailing them home as well.......with a little T.P. as packing material. devil.gif

Worked great for me! thumbsup2.gif

Hey Fuel...

It's yer Birthday night...

Why the hell are you on a comic thread?

You should be getting LAID!

grin.gif

I wish !!!................... sorry.gif

Christo_pull_hair.gif

I carried a New Fun #1 in a backback for 3 days at the 1993 show.I do not like carrying a case or a bag in my hand with expensive comics as it is to easy to forget that you put your comics down while inspecting something else.

One year I put down my detective # 3 to check out another book.After checking out the book I left and forgot I put my tec # 3 down. 5 minutes later I had realized what I had done and ran back to the counter. It was still there [my tec # 3] I learned a very valuable convention lesson.Always carry a back pack. There are to many distractions at a convention

I carried a New Fun #1 in a backback for 3 days at the 1993 show.I do not like carrying a case or a bag in my hand with expensive comics as it is to easy to forget that you put your comics down while inspecting something else.

One year I put down my detective # 3 to check out another book.After checking out the book I left and forgot I put my tec # 3 down. 5 minutes later I had realized what I had done and ran back to the counter. It was still there [my tec # 3] I learned a very valuable convention lesson.Always carry a back pack. There are to many distractions at a convention

tec 3 893whatthe.gif