• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X3 review and predictions!!!

237 posts in this topic

The people around me were cheering when Juggernaut said, " I'm the Juggernaut, u b@tch."

The origin of "I'm Juggernaut, B*%#H!" smirk.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?search=juggernaut&v=H746naqMkac

And he actually says it in the movie. 27_laughing.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6cge738It0&search=juggernaut

they want you to play the X3 videogame to find out what happened to NIghtcrawler

sleeping.gif

so what's that scene after the credits about? spoil me

It was a 5 second thing with Moira Mactaggert, and you basically find out that Xavier is still alive...kind of.

I think that they were trying to avoid a cosmic X-men story, because they completely changed up the Phoenix story. Jean never really "battled" between two personalities before Phoenix. They made it seem as though Phoenix was always a part of her when it really was just a completely unrelated outside force that was inhabiting her body. tonofbricks.gif

I just same the X3 today and being that this was the third and final movie to the trilogy it was not as great as the first two,but it still was good enough to tie everthing together.I give it three popcorn bag out of 5............ popcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gif/5

If Phoenix was so powerful, why wouldn't Magneto just have her destroy the entire island of Alcatraz from the shore? Why bother going into battle at all?

I guess it would've been a much shorter movie.

My 13-yr old son said to me as we left the theater, "Why didn't they just bring Leech to Jean and take her powers away. They could have saved her." 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

On the whole, 3 out of 5 stars sounds about right. On par with #1, not as good as #2.

I did like the preview to My Super Ex-Girlfriend though. Looks great. Uma looks like she makes a great crazy ex smile.gifthumbsup2.gif

I found it adequate at best. I watched X2 again last night and I felt this was a letdown. There was far too much crammed into a short movie. My reaction is that this had "Hollywood Brass" messing with it completely. (As they tend to do with most superhero movie franchises. ) Sometimes less is more and I felt that the powers that be rushed too much into it. The loss of some characters was dealt with very amateurishly. The "Bridge" scene was a complete waste of CGI dollars in terms of the storyline. Someone with some common sense should've seen that with the -script. Who cares if the base is on Alcatraz Island? It could be in Kansas and it wouldn't have any detriment to the story.

I was hoping for a Sentinel spin in X3 (more than what we got. :lol ) and maybe, though I like McKellen, a little less Magneto. Try a new villian maybe? Deal with Phoenix a bit better maybe?

The Sentinel's were really disappointing to me (or singular). They looked cool in the background, but the head close-up was super silly. They've obviously already battled them so it would be interesting to see how they'd be pulled into a film. I'd sure love to see a Days of Future Past storyline for X-men 4.

Have to find out about Nightcrawler from the video game? That is SO LAME!!! He's one of the coolest characters on-screen. They must have had money issues on bringing the actor back.

The scene after the movie was about Xavier's consciousness taking over a body that had been in a hospital scene early in the movie. Xavier's body was obliterated by Phoenix early on. The interesting part is that Xavier can walk again. But more importantly, whos body is it? It's got to be a mutants.

The funnest addition to X3 was Jamie Madrox. His character was friggin awesome. I just don't know why they didn't keep the contact-to-create-duplicates part of his power. My wife thought that was a much cooler concept than merely creating them from thin air.

Pat

If Phoenix was so powerful, why wouldn't Magneto just have her destroy the entire island of Alcatraz from the shore? Why bother going into battle at all?

My 13-yr old son said to me as we left the theater, "Why didn't they just bring Leech to Jean and take her powers away. They could have saved her." 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

On the whole, 3 out of 5 stars sounds about right. On par with #1, not as good as #2.

I did like the preview to My Super Ex-Girlfriend though. Looks great. Uma looks like she makes a great crazy ex smile.gifthumbsup2.gif

My Super Ex-Girlfriend looks just dreadful. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. But we'll see.

I am pleasantly surprised with the Ghost Rider movie - the preview looked good, and boy, that's a good cast - Nicholas Cage, Donal Logue, Sam Elliot, Eva Mendes, Peter Fonda. It'll probably be heinous as well, but I'll give it a go. And, the three eleven year olds I was with to see X-Men were stoked for Ghost Rider, so there's that.

Enjoyed the movie. I actually liked seeing more characters being used, Juggy was the best.

Funny about what others wrote about the look of the Pheonix, with the way the 2nd ended, I too was hoping to see one good flaming-bird shot.

Jean was turning to ash everything in sight, Leech would have been included. I've seen people ask why they didn't just use the cure on her like they did Magneto- same reason. Something she could have done, though, was fly away when Wolverine got close.

Jean was turning to ash everything in sight, Leech would have been included. I've seen people ask why they didn't just use the cure on her like they did Magneto- same reason. Something she could have done, though, was fly away when Wolverine got close.

Actually, there was a lull in the battle before Jean went nuts, where they could have done both I guess. I know, I know, its only a movie wink.gif

I am surprised none has brought this to the table...

There is a BIG flaw in the movie for the people that are Juggernaught fans...

SPOILER:

Was Juggernaught a mutant it this movie?

I guess that would be the only thing that would make sense.

In the comics his crimson bands give him his power...

Durring the chase scene to get the little power draining boy

he lost his powers and knocked himself out trying to run through a wall nex to him...

So either he was a mutant in the movie or the little boy can take away powers

on any level...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I went to my LCS today and overheard one of the employees saying that the movie sucked because some of the male characters that are in the comics are females in the movie and vice versa. Is this true or is the LSC employee just a whack job?

Marrow was a dude in the movie...unless they went and called him "Spike" like the X-Men Evolution cartoon

just got done watching the movie, what a waste of a download

juggle.gif

- they're were many istances where a nice firey bird would have appeared, yet nothing

- Angel was added to satisfy the fanboys, felt his addition didnt add anything to the story

- Juggernaut a mutant? O.o

needs more Kitty cloud9.gif

eh, popcorn.gifpopcorn.gif / 5

I do not think it was a bad movie, I actually enjoyed it. The Juggernaut thing I thought was funny considering he is not a mutant, but every movie has mistakes. I would recommend seeing it to anyone who enjoys the comic book movies.

The Iceman Pyro fight....GREAT!

Great previews for Superman and Ghost Rider! Looking forward to both of those.