• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X3 review and predictions!!!

237 posts in this topic

Well, I had the pleasure of standing in line for about 2 hours to see the 7:30 pm premiere of X3 tonight. I have to admit that while it was a good movie, it did not live up to my expectations. Both #1 and #2 were better, whith #2 being far better. This movie seemed sort of rushed...which seems about right. They cranked the movie out very quickly, and it shows.

One thing I did not like was that they neglected to go into the background of any of the four major characters introduced in X3; no bio on Juggernaut, Kitty, Angel or Beast. They were all just stuck in. Esspecially Juggs and Angel. All they did was bust him out of his containment cell, and next thing you know he is a Magneto lackey. The relationship between Juggs and Xavier also seems to be non existent. Although the threatre went wild when Juggs said the now classic, "Don't you know who I am??? I'm the Juggernaut bi***!"

As for Angel. He did pretty much nothing all movie. Kitty was a good addition. The girl who played the part was very good. She looks like she'll be pretty nice lookin' five years from now juggle.gif Beast was also a good addition, but as with the majority of the additions...no background insane.gif

Overall, I'd give the movie a C+, or B-. All of the star actors were great. I did have a problem with Phoenix though. They got cheap on the computer graphics. Why was she not surrouned by flames all of the time? Instead all she did was hover around and look like a zombie. Also, why do Iceman and Pyro now hate each other's guts??? Pyro left the X-men on good terms with Iceman. Then next thing you know Pyro's personality just changes drastically to being a complete in no time. The fight scenes were all pretty solid throughout the movie. It was good to see some fighting out of Storm.

I am not sure if an X4 will happen. I have so far only heard, "no". But I just think it is too big a money maker for Fox to just abandon. I think they'll be back. As X2 caused dramatic price rises for X-men #101, I saw nothing like that for X3. There was no major speculative feature. I have a feeling that if there is an X4 the villian will be Apocalyspe since Magneto is depowered. It also looks like some galatic stuff might come into play as well. So, maybe X-men #96 and #107 will take a nice spike for HG copies. confused-smiley-013.gif

Well, I had the pleasure of standing in line for about 2 hours to see the 7:30 pm premiere of X3 tonight. I have to admit that while it was a good movie, it did not live up to my expectations. Both #1 and #2 were better, whith #2 being far better. This movie seemed sort of rushed...which seems about right. They cranked the movie out very quickly, and it shows.

One thing I did not like was that they neglected to go into the background of any of the four major characters introduced in X3; no bio on Juggernaut, Kitty, Angel or Beast. They were all just stuck in. Esspecially Juggs and Angel. All they did was bust him out of his containment cell, and next thing you know he is a Magneto lackey. The relationship between Juggs and Xavier also seems to be non existent. Although the threatre went wild when Juggs said the now classic, "Don't you know who I am??? I'm the Juggernaut bi***!"

As for Angel. He did pretty much nothing all movie. Kitty was a good addition. The girl who played the part was very good. She looks like she'll be pretty nice lookin' five years from now juggle.gif Beast was also a good addition, but as with the majority of the additions...no background insane.gif

Overall, I'd give the movie a C+, or B-. All of the star actors were great. I did have a problem with Phoenix though. They got cheap on the computer graphics. Why was she not surrouned by flames all of the time? Instead all she did was hover around and look like a zombie. Also, why do Iceman and Pyro now hate each other's guts??? Pyro left the X-men on good terms with Iceman. Then next thing you know Pyro's personality just changes drastically to being a complete in no time. The fight scenes were all pretty solid throughout the movie. It was good to see some fighting out of Storm.

I am not sure if an X4 will happen. I have so far only heard, "no". But I just think it is too big a money maker for Fox to just abandon. I think they'll be back. As X2 caused dramatic price rises for X-men #101, I saw nothing like that for X3. There was no major speculative feature. I have a feeling that if there is an X4 the villian will be Apocalyspe since Magneto is depowered. It also looks like some galatic stuff might come into play as well. So, maybe X-men #96 and #107 will take a nice spike for HG copies. confused-smiley-013.gif

i think u need to put "SPOILERS" in the title

but i totally agree with ur veiws on the movie, i thought the way juggy(1 of my all time favorite characters) went down was horrible..i thought the fact that angel had maybe 5 min of face time in the whole flik sucked, psylocke shouldnt have even been in it she had 1 line...

i give it a solid F

893censored-thumb.gif

it should have been called wolverine and storm, not x-men

foreheadslap.gif

Keep in mind this is a COMIC BOOK movie. Who says there has to be an origin for every character every time straight out of the box? Certainly that is not true in the comics. The origin of Superman was not told for YEARS! The "origin" of the Hulk is what killed that movie for most, too much Banner, not enough HULK. Too much blah blah 893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif

Just something to consider. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

West

Keep in mind this is a COMIC BOOK movie. Who says there has to be an origin for every character every time straight out of the box? Certainly that is not true in the comics. The origin of Superman was not told for YEARS! The "origin" of the Hulk is what killed that movie for most, too much Banner, not enough HULK. Too much blah blah 893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif

Just something to consider. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

West

and for being a comic book movie it should contain at least a shallow attempt to present some kind of characterization/character developpement during it...but again, to anyone who thinks a comic book is just a bunch of fellas/gals fighting non-stop, well the X3 will suit you. tongue.gif893censored-thumb.giftonofbricks.gif

just an empty movie who got me bored and disapointed...

regards

I couldn't agree more. I wish I would have spent my $30 on an X-Men back issue. Would've been much more enjoyable.

I would say if you are between the ages of 14-30 and don't really need things like character development or story lines (which usually just take time away from the endless sea of explosions and/or stuff being levitated) then this is your movie.

It will probably do well at the box office since most movie goers standards seem very low and younger audiences do tend to be captivated by things blowing up and really bad dialog.

I also didn't particularly care for Frasier (Kelsey Grammer) as the beast. It was hard to suspend my disbelief. I'm not trying to be mean, but at least the other actors are fairly physically fit. Plus, once I realized it was him, I couldn't get that stupid theme song out of my head.

That's my two pennies.

I couldn't agree more. I wish I would have spent my $30 on an X-Men back issue. Would've been much more enjoyable.

I would say if you are between the ages of 14-30 and don't really need things like character development or story lines (which usually just take time away from the endless sea of explosions and/or stuff being levitated) then this is your movie.

It will probably do well at the box office since most movie goers standards seem very low and younger audiences do tend to be captivated by things blowing up and really bad dialog.

I also didn't particularly care for Frasier (Kelsey Grammer) as the beast. It was hard to suspend my disbelief. I'm not trying to be mean, but at least the other actors are fairly physically fit. Plus, once I realized it was him, I couldn't get that stupid theme song out of my head.

That's my two pennies.

gee thanks..... insane.gif

7 of us went to see the midnight showing last night. A few of us really liked it, but most of us thought it was the weakest of the three. I felt that it lacked what makes Marvel characters great, their characterization. I also was dissappointed because they came so close to having Kitty cry, but all I got were sniffles! mad.gif

Sniffles just doesn't cut it! mad.gif

7 of us went to see the midnight showing last night. A few of us really liked it, but most of us thought it was the weakest of the three. I felt that it lacked what makes Marvel characters great, their characterization. I also was dissappointed because they came so close to having Kitty cry, but all I got were sniffles! mad.gif

You're a bad, bad man. Making a little girl cry. 893naughty-thumb.gif

I'm pretty sure that the X-men series has sunk into popcorn movie status...

a movie that you go to beat the heat and sit in an nice AC'ed theater for a matinee

that you would never take too seriously - nor look for any value to take with you...

Just something to do to kill 2 hours...

period.

Now bring on Spidey 3!

wink.gif

I kills me that studios have yet to learn that more effects and characters doesn't make a good movie. It needs good storylines and development. You think everybody would have learned from "Batman Forever" .

27_laughing.gif Some of us think it`s been there the whole time!

I`m struggling to recall any "character development" in the first two movies. In Halle Berry, they have an Oscar winning actress, and yet can anyone remember a single notable line from her, or notable scene involving her, in the first two movies? I certainly can`t.

I`m struggling to recall any "character development" in the first two movies. In Halle Berry, they have an Oscar winning actress, and yet can anyone remember a single notable line from her, or notable scene involving her, in the first two movies? I certainly can`t.

Only thing I really remember is when her eyes turned white. confused-smiley-013.gif

THat and when she tells the Elf to "have faith"

You're a bad, bad man. Making a little girl cry. 893naughty-thumb.gif

I never said I would make her cry... but now that you mention it... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I would have to disagree because of X2.

X2 was a very entertaining flick for a superhero movie...

There was a nice foundation for the adamanthium origin for Wolverine.

There was nice tension between Jean and Logan.

The bad guys and good guys team-up to overcome a darker evil.

A nice comedy relief in nightcrawler.

A nice all around storyline about a human madman out to exterminate the mutant race...

Great Movie!

thumbsup2.gif

What about "What happens to a toad when it's struck by lighting? Same as everything else."

You have to be a great actress to deliver that line with a straight face.

What about "What happens to a toad when it's struck by lighting? Same as everything else."

You have to be a great actress to deliver that line with a straight face.

The correct answer should've been "He Croaks!" grin.gif

In Halle Berry, they have an Oscar winning actress, and yet can anyone remember a single notable line from her, or notable scene involving her, in the first two movies?

What about that killer scene when she's laying by the pool in the lounge chair...hmmm, actually, that was different movie but it was highly notable! thumbsup2.gif

In Halle Berry, they have an Oscar winning actress, and yet can anyone remember a single notable line from her, or notable scene involving her, in the first two movies?

What about that killer scene when she's laying by the pool in the lounge chair...hmmm, actually, that was different movie but it was highly notable! thumbsup2.gif

swordfish ..... storm and wolvie b4 they found out they were muties...and howard saint .... just because yay.gif

swordfish ..... storm and wolvie b4 they found out they were muties...and howard saint .... just because yay.gif

I went to my LCS today and overheard one of the employees saying that the movie sucked because some of the male characters that are in the comics are females in the movie and vice versa. Is this true or is the LSC employee just a whack job?