• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Changes between final work and original art

5 posts in this topic

I was looking over some of my original art and I noticed that some printed covers have changes that differ from the original art. Where in the production process do these changes usually take place? I would think the art is approved and sent for coloring after all edits to the penciled and inked art have been performed. Do changes like the below take place prior to the creation of the productions proofs? Here is an example where Dagwood's and Daisy's eyes were modified on the final production. Daisy was also repositioned.

AR002302.jpg

Blondie112.jpg

I'm suspecting that the vertical heighth of the art was too short, and that they re-positioned the dog down in order to better balance out the composition for the final version of the cover. That was probably easier to do by cutting up stats and filling in the resulting gaps than it would be if they tried to cut up typical page of original art.

I'm suspecting that the vertical heighth of the art was too short, and that they re-positioned the dog down in order to better balance out the composition for the final version of the cover. That was probably easier to do by cutting up stats and filling in the resulting gaps than it would be if they tried to cut up typical page of original art.

Agreed. 893applaud-thumb.gif