• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just soiled myself.....and I couldn't be happier.

364 posts in this topic

893whatthe.gifmakepoint.gif How many Action #1 in VG/Fine could you get for that price foreheadslap.gif

Seems only about 2 ... maybe.

Someone should contact the guy that paid $200,000 for the VG Action 1.

Maybe he's a FF fan too. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The question I would have is what was this book at one time?

10 cents and Gem Mint 10 back in '61! wink.gif

I've seen a lot of super-high prices on Pedigree for books, but this one is just screwy.gif

Putting extremly high asking prices doesn't mean the market should follow. Half a million??? 893naughty-thumb.gif

foreheadslap.gif

Lighten up folks, it's just an asking price, not an actual sales price! translated: Doug doesn't really want to sell the book!

It was one of the very first books submitted to CGC and got a 9.6 the first time, and apparently has only been reholdered here, as it has kept the original serial number.

I've seen a lot of super-high prices on Pedigree for books, but this one is just screwy.gif

Putting extremly high asking prices doesn't mean the market should follow. Half a million??? 893naughty-thumb.gif

foreheadslap.gif

Lighten up folks, it's just an asking price, not an actual sales price! translated: Doug doesn't really want to sell the book!

893applaud-thumb.gif Why people don't understand the concept of unmotivated "sellers" who aren't really trying to sell but can live with parting with a book for a certain price is beyond me. Plus this way we get to see a book that otherwise we'd probably never lay eyes on. BTW, great book Doug, I wouldn't want to sell it either.

Doug's got some coconut-sized nutz for saying "only" in front of that price tag.

seriously. half a million dollars for anything can't be "only." n'est ce pas possible

By "only" he means FOR SALE only, no trade. He's not applying an adjective to describe the price as being cheap.

Believing what? The book was graded on January 10 of 2000 That's when CGC first opened. You really think the book was worked on before then, not knowing how CGC was going to treat pressed books? screwy.gif

I have no idea how it was graded then.

I just see a new label, and old well. It really comes as no surprise to me that this is a 9.6 as one of the first books CGC graded to someone with somewhat close ties to the infrastructure.

It was graded as a 9.6 back in 2000 and reholdered later, hence the new label. The unsubstantiated conspiracy theories don't surprise me though. Par for the course for this forum.

No conspiracy theory. I know how many I have seen and how many fail to even reach the 6.0 range.

It was graded as a 9.6 back in 2000 and reholdered later, hence the new label. The unsubstantiated conspiracy theories don't surprise me though. Par for the course for this forum.

No conspiracy theory. I know how many I have seen and how many fail to even reach the 6.0 range.

Russ, you're a great guy and have a fantastic business, however, I disagree with you on this one. There are 9.6-9.9 copies of key silver age comics that are in private collections which haven't even been graded yet. This may be one of the rare ones that was purchased in pristine condition and graded. confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm a little confused here so let me see if I understand you correctly. You're saying that this FF 1 has had restoration work done, ie pressing or trimming and CGC either missed it or purposely ignored it. And your reason for thinking this is because most copies of FF 1 that YOU have seen didn't even grade out at 6.0? Is that about right?

Russ, you're a great guy and have a fantastic business, however, I disagree with you on this one. There are 9.6-9.9 copies of key silver age comics that are in private collections which haven't even been graded yet. This may be one of the rare ones that was purchased in pristine condition and graded. confused-smiley-013.gif

I totally agree smile.gif