• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just soiled myself.....and I couldn't be happier.

364 posts in this topic

It was graded as a 9.6 back in 2000 and reholdered later, hence the new label. The unsubstantiated conspiracy theories don't surprise me though. Par for the course for this forum.

No conspiracy theory. I know how many I have seen and how many fail to even reach the 6.0 range.

Russ, you're a great guy and have a fantastic business, however, I disagree with you on this one. There are 9.6-9.9 copies of key silver age comics that are in private collections which haven't even been graded yet. This may be one of the rare ones that was purchased in pristine condition and graded. confused-smiley-013.gif

I totally agree smile.gif

thumbsup2.gif I will be placing an order shortly yay.gif

It was graded as a 9.6 back in 2000 and reholdered later, hence the new label. The unsubstantiated conspiracy theories don't surprise me though. Par for the course for this forum.

No conspiracy theory. I know how many I have seen and how many fail to even reach the 6.0 range.

Russ, you're a great guy and have a fantastic business, however, I disagree with you on this one. There are 9.6-9.9 copies of key silver age comics that are in private collections which haven't even been graded yet. This may be one of the rare ones that was purchased in pristine condition and graded. confused-smiley-013.gif

I totally agree smile.gif

thumbsup2.gif I will be placing an order shortly yay.gif

In that case, I agree with you 100% on anything you say smile.gif

Because the old case was scratched up and the book was reholdered, so: new holder, new label, same old well.

Is this your book or something? Just messing with you Lord smile.gif

Nope, the owner of this book is a board member:

Captain_Tripps

The Collectinator

Yeah yeah I know smile.gif

Doug's got some coconut-sized nutz for saying "only" in front of that price tag.

seriously. half a million dollars for anything can't be "only." n'est ce pas possible

By "only" he means FOR SALE only, no trade. He's not applying an adjective to describe the price as being cheap.

well, i was being toungue in cheek. but you can see the genesis of my confusion

No no no, not trimming. Pressing maybe. My thing is that if it is as you say, that this was graded a 9.6 with old label with old slab.

Why the new label with old slab?

Why don`t you go to the SA forum and read Doug`s explanation for yourself?

Because the old case was scratched up and the book was reholdered, so: new holder, new label, same old well.

Is this your book or something? Just messing with you Lord smile.gif

If your idea of a joke is to go making a bunch of unsubstantiated accusations about a book, you have a pretty 893censored-thumb.gifed up sense of humor, my friend.

Well, perhaps that title doesn't conjure the most appealing of imagery, but still, its appropriate way to descibe what I felt when I saw this....

Doug's Fantastic Four # 1 CGC 9.6 for sale on Pedigree Comics for a cool half million.

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Awesome book. Just awesome. 893applaud-thumb.gif

So, who's gonna step up and put it on their Visa? 27_laughing.gif

893whatthe.gifmakepoint.gif How many Action #1 in VG/Fine could you get for that price foreheadslap.gif

to answer your question 2.5 copies of action # 1

Doug's got some coconut-sized nutz for saying "only" in front of that price tag.

seriously. half a million dollars for anything can't be "only." n'est ce pas possible

it reads:

For sale only: $500,000 not

For sale, only: $500,000

foreheadslap.gif

it reads:

For sale only: $500,000 not

For sale, only: $500,000

foreheadslap.gif

foreheadslap.gif yourself; i've seen it put both ways on line before. how am i to assume which way he means?

vive le difference

No no no, not trimming. Pressing maybe. My thing is that if it is as you say, that this was graded a 9.6 with old label with old slab.

Why the new label with old slab?

Doug was showing off this book at the 2004 Philadelphia Forum Dinner - it was a 9.6 then. There are pictures of it somewhere. I think Chrisco37 was holding it and trying not to get the drool bucket on it. I commented to Doug that it was nice to see a book that cost more than my house.

Edit - here's the pic from May 2004.