• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where will the original comic art market be in 20 years? Predictions anyone?

118 posts in this topic

So the reality is that when you're talking to KK you probably ARE talking to a real collector with real art and real knowledge, but since it's a secret alter-ego, it can hardly reveal things about itself, can it?

Whatever. Banned.

Good thoughts. If that's the case though Arch the only way to 'ban' him is to out his identity devil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gif Otherwise the charade begins anew..

So the reality is that when you're talking to KK you probably ARE talking to a real collector with real art and real knowledge, but since it's a secret alter-ego, it can hardly reveal things about itself, can it?

Whatever. Banned.

Good thoughts. If that's the case though Arch the only way to 'ban' him is to out his identity devil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gif Otherwise the charade begins anew..

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The reason you all find KK annoying is because that's what he's meant to be. He's a fake name set up to agitate things. Why is it that he's so plugged into OA, and yet never shows anything? The reason is perhaps partially a belief that fresh pieces sell so showing art devalues things. But if that was all, then it would stand to reason that a collector would occasionally be selling or buying rather than just purely mouthing off, so those "fresh" pieces would get shown.

So why no selling? Why no buying? It should be one or the other, right? Because either the market is ripe for selling, or it's not in which case you should be buying, right?

Because KK is a shill for some other more stable collector who does buy and sell and show some art. Anything KK did to show art he owned would be a clue as to his "real" identity. Why does he exist? Like most shills, he exists to say the controversial things that pop into people's heads but that they don't want to deal with the consequences for saying. It's the freedom to be forceful in what you say without personal responsibility.

Whatever. Banned.

aRCH,

There is absolutely no way I can make amends?

I mean, seriously,...I may be annoying but I never ripped anyone off (Hammer) and I have contributed alot here.

Yes,..I sometimes crossed the line,...when I said 'Gemma had nice cans' (she does).

But,..my point is,...why must,..even to you,..I show my art? I dont wanna show my art. But if I did,..could I contribute to the forum and not be banned?

Im really not that bad and really dont warrant getting banned,....I dont even knock comic book collecting as stupid anymore,..as I let the ridiculousness of the hobby speak for itself.

So bottom line,...Im asking,..can I get a pardon??..or clemency?..or something????

KFC

DO you have any art of your own to show since your on Comic art L and not Krazy Kat?

Ares,

Here is A piece from my collection and I will sell if the price is right.

1246458-lens.jpg

KFC

But that's old stuff . . . no one here likes that kind of [embarrassing lack of self control] . . . it's all about today's hot new talent. Whatcha got by (insert name of latest hot talent)?

DO you have any art of your own to show since your on Comic art L and not Krazy Kat?

Ares,

1246458-lens.jpg

KFC

But that's old stuff . . . no one here likes that kind of [embarrassing lack of self control] . . . it's all about today's hot new talent. Whatcha got by (insert name of latest hot talent)?

Unfortunately,..all I collect is worthless old [embarrassing lack of self control] frown.gif

I bought this off Hans for $900 in 98',...whctacha think I can get for it today? I think its one of the nicest Boring's Ive seen. JMHO.

Ares,

1246458-lens.jpg

KFC

Unfortunately,..all I collect is worthless old [embarrassing lack of self control] frown.gif

I bought this off Hans for $900 in 98',...whctacha think I can get for it today? I think its one of the nicest Boring's Ive seen. JMHO.

I'll trade you a 2-minute sketch I got of a wannabe artist parading his wares on skid row? Mind you, no colors, no backgrounds, no characters . . . come to think of it, no nuthing . . .

Jeez . . . what do you expect for two minutes? I mean, the guy just sat there picking his nose for ninety seconds, then commenced work. . .

Ares,

1246458-lens.jpg

KFC

I'll trade you a 2-minute sketch I got of a wannabe artist parading his wares on skid row? Mind you, no colors, no backgrounds, no characters . . . come to think of it, no nuthing . . .

As long as its NEW,...I am consolidating all my Vintage Art into HOT NEW artists.

Any Bendis?????,..that guy beats Kirby, Ditko, Romita hands-down!!!!,...and he's NEW & YOUNG poke2.gif!!!!,.....that means he's got a life-time to get hotter!!!

Ares,

1246458-lens.jpg

KFC

As long as its NEW,...I am consolidating all my Vintage Art into HOT NEW artists.

Any Bendis?????,..that guy beats Kirby, Ditko, Romita hands-down!!!!,...and he's NEW & YOUNG poke2.gif!!!!,.....that means he's got a life-time to get hotter!!!

No trick questions . . . I never heard of this Bentit guy . . .

Do you not want to address this one, Kentucky Cantor?

I already have addressed it and made my plea

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...rue#Post1257123

this is it for me....Im not kidding,...if I get banned,..I am done.

Every Public Library in my neighboorhood is 'locked' from the CGC board and Im tired of running to library after library. What if some poor kid at the library wants to go on the CGC board,..he will find that it is locked,...is that fair???

But seriously,..I dont think I have done anything so wrong as to be banned,..and I posted a piece of art to make amends.....I dont know if its too little too late,..there are alotta HATERS out there. I am trying to be amicable ...but dont know if my olive branch will be received.

?

KFC

Do you not want to address this one, Kentucky Cantor?

I already have addressed it and made my plea

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...rue#Post1257123

this is it for me....Im not kidding,...if I get banned,..I am done.

Every Public Library in my neighboorhood is 'locked' from the CGC board and Im tired of running to library after library. What if some poor kid at the library wants to go on the CGC board,..he will find that it is locked,...is that fair???

But seriously,..I dont think I have done anything so wrong as to be banned,..and I posted a piece of art to make amends.....I dont know if its too little too late,..there are alotta HATERS out there. I am trying to be amicable ...but dont know if my olive branch will be received.

?

KFC

How about a 'key' cover? Could be low-'key' . . . maybe X-MEN # 1, or AVENGERS # 4 . . . or something of that lowly ilk?

The debate over how showing art might affect its value is actually pretty interesting. It leads me to a related question for KK/KF that I don't think I've seen addressed here:

Do you feel that confirmation that a given piece exists affects that art's value? Put another way, is it better to have a piece's existence be whispered about and speculated upon, reaching a near-mythological status, than it is to have the piece's existence absolutely confirmed?

I presume you must have given this question some thought. There would seem to be advantages to you if you were to allow a few respected, trustworthy fellow OA collectors to view a given piece and confirm to the community (without taking pictures) that say, the Cap #1 cover absolutely exists. There are probably some drawbacks to doing this as well and presumably you feel they outweigh the advantages.

I'd be interested to see your thoughts on this issue.