• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Learn sumthin' new every day.....

11 posts in this topic

I was rearranging my comic-related junk, and I was looking at the box for the Geoff Darrow Big Guy and Rusty Statue. And as I looked at it, I realized that I have the OA for that box -- bought it from Darrow at a convention a long time ago. I thought it was just a great piece when I bought it, and now I'm even happier to think it's published art!

So I looked up the cover of the Big Guy and Rusty Trade and It might even be the OA for that cover!

Here's my piece:

1250202-BigGuy.jpg

1250202-BigGuy.jpg.d2a19f0b81867f31aa2503b91c645490.jpg

Now you just need the overlay of the kid and your set! That's really cool congratulations.

Now you just need the overlay of the kid and your set! That's really cool congratulations.

Thanks!

Actually he had that piece of art when I looked at this, but I liked this image better so that's what I bought. He had some of the mock covers of issues that never were but I didn't have the coin at the time. Ah, for the use of a time machine.... 27_laughing.gif

That's so cool!

I love finding out that a piece of OA in my colelction has been published and not know it - I bought a Totlebem Miracleman prelim and I found out that it was pubbed in Kimota: The Miracleman Companion later on.

Yeah, I agree totally. I have a Biz Lobo piece on DC cover stock and when I acqiured it the owner said it was a cover, but it looks unused -- there are no printer's markings on it anywhere. I looked it up and it's not the cover of anything I could find, even though the image looks incredibly familiar to me. I did have someone tell me it was the art for a DC trading card, but I've never found an image of the card to confirm it. Someone else said they thought it was from a "gallery" type book.

So that's a mystery I still need to research and confirm if and where it was published. That's one of the things I love about art -- you can buy a piece you really enjoy, whether or not it was even published is often irrelevant if it's an image that grabs you.

headbang.gif

The Lobo with the Dog, right? I wonder if it wasn't in one of the Trades. I have DEFINITELY seen that one before!!!

Yeah -- me too. Well if you ever find it, send me a pic!! thumbsup2.gif

I have Lobo 1-4, Lobo's Back, and the Lobo Paramilitary Christmas Special, and have done web searches trying to find the published image to no avail. I hadn't thought of checking the trades, maybe I'll hunt down any Biz Lobo stuff I can find at the next con I attend and see if I can turn it up! "It's RESEARCH!" grin.gif