• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are High Grade HOS really that hard to find? 9.9's anyone?

70 posts in this topic

I hate HOM 179. Literally every single copy of that book ive had has had bad tanning on the inside covers.

Took me FOREVER to find a nice copy. Mine doesn't have even a hint of tanning and the pages are snow white. I owned a few others in the past, and all had terrible paper with the common tanned edges. Weird. confused-smiley-013.gif

cloud9.gif

houm179.jpg

hom179bk.jpg

F minus 5.5 poke2.gif.............................................................................................................................................................................................(jus kidding flowerred.gif) probably closer to VF- 7.5. I'm sure glad I was able to pick up a CGC 9.0 copy with off-white to white pages on Ebay several years ago(late 2003) for $115. It dosen't even have the brown back cover. acclaim.gifyay.gifacclaim.gif

I don't know about that HOM 204 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Both the lower left and lower right corners look kinda suspicious for NM and it almost looked like there was a vertical crease on the right side of the cover. I've got a VF/VF+ copy that looks nicer.

I hear you there. That's why my top bid was barley over $30 and I wasn't even close. I think somebody is going to be very disappointed. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

no one should be saying ANY raw book is 9.9...my personal opinion....those books may be 9.4....maybe

I always get nervous about listing any comic as NM 9.4. I usually call em nm 9.2/9.4 to be safe. Picked up several horror issues this week. HOM 192 for $9 (vf-raw), HOM #207 for $7.50 (Raw-vf/nm but looks vf in scan), HOS #84 for $22 (vf raw), HOS #89 for $113 in Raw NM, HOM #191 for $81 in cgc 9.0, HOM #196 for $55 in cgc 9.0, HOM #212 for $41 in cgc 9.0, HOS #86 for $29 in cgc 8.5, Witching Hour #3 for $91 in cgc 9.2 and Witching Hour #8 for $49 in cgc 9.0. If all goes well in a couple of hours I could add Unexpected #126 in cgc 9.4, Unexpected #123 & #134 in cgc 9.0 and Phantom Stranger #18 in cgc 9.0 to the list. 893crossfingers-thumb.gifcloud9.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I sent a request to gene for more scans of his Mint HOM's and he said:

I won't be able to get to a scanner until Monday as I am on a brief

vacation.Let me know if this will be ok.

Gene

I told him that would be fine. We'll see if he sends the scans. popcorn.gif

HOS #89 for $113 in Raw NM

Be sure to post a scan of that one. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

A real TURD! VF+ 8.5 at best, major spine stress at midpoint of spine. Looks like someone tried to fold it in half at some point. I was very happy with the other 3 books I won from this seller and he was kind enough to give me a partial refund since he donkey punched me for $115. headbang.gifacclaim.gifheadbang.gif