• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nice HG War Books on Heritage

54 posts in this topic

I know, I know, I know..... wonder where they came from?

My wife told me to take a run at the OFF 71 'as a father's day gift.'

I think I'll keep her!!!

Nice books. That 9.4 #96 will do very, very well.

Shep

"I would NEVER be interested in those. They'd make the rest of my collection look bad 27_laughing.gif. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)"

That's a very good line. Somewhat related: I bought a Nero Wolfe HB off e-bay and the book was so nice it made the rest of my Rex Stout collection look shabby.

Nice books. That 9.4 #96 will do very, very well.

Yeah, I'd kind of decided to not buy anymore war books, but this one is ve-e-ry tempting.

If you've got the resources, I would go for it. That is just an outstanding cover, and more 'painterly' than your typical greytone. 9.4? That is an absolutely RIDICULOUS grade on any pre-#100 GI Combat.

Really nice to see these on the market. I'll have to talk to a buddy of mine at Heritage to see where they came from.

Good luck if you join the hunt. It really is a wonderful book. They all are!

Shep

That is just an outstanding cover, and more 'painterly' than your typical greytone. 9.4? That is an absolutely RIDICULOUS grade on any pre-#100 GI Combat.

Really nice to see these on the market. I'll have to talk to a buddy of mine at Heritage to see where they came from.

Could not agree more. These are the kinds of books which you might never see in NM grade again.

If you get any useful info from your buddy, please share with the rest of us if possible. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

It's the nicest HG war book I have seen on the market in a long time. It's just an impossible book.

For me, on those kinds of books, the best I can usually do is 7.0 - 8.0. Seeing books like that makes we want to get a second mortgage.

Shep

My run at 96 was immediately rejected. My pockets aren't deep enough. Unless someone wants my crummy HOS 92 (cgc 9.4) poke2.gif

Ditto, apart from the HOS #92 part. Seems like these will be hotly contested!

That 19.5% is a real kick in the balls.

Shep

Sigh. Once again, take the max price you're willing to pay, and divide by 1.195. Enter that amount as your bid, and your max bid will automatically incorporate the 19.5%. That way the 19.5% doesn't seem like an extra payment at all.

Shep

Sigh. Once again, take the max price you're willing to pay, and divide by 1.195. Enter that amount as your bid, and your max bid will automatically incorporate the 19.5%. That way the 19.5% doesn't seem like an extra payment at all.

Shep should pass by this public pilfering of prodigious proportions to prevent patently perverse profiteering by these pernicious philistines. sign-rantpost.gif

Let his hands remain unsullied and his nostrils of clear of the foul stench that would emanate from these tainted comics.

Shep

Shep should pass by this public pilfering of prodigious proportions to prevent patently perverse profiteering by these pernicious philistines. sign-rantpost.gif

Let his hands remain unsullied and his nostrils of clear of the foul stench that would emanate from these tainted comics.

First of all, nine words of almost unborken alliteration.... that's the literary equivalent of throwing a nine-punch combination! Nice!

I buy maybe 2 or 3 books a year from Heritage, and whenever I bid, I always forget about the buyer's permium. Then when the bill arrives, I go 'Doh!'

In truth, my nostrils want to get a good long huff off a couple of these books!

Shep