• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

I am now making it my mission to scare one out of the woodwork for you.... for some reason I've had a lot of success finding copies of #87.

What grade are you after?

Shep

NM :wishluck:

Jeff, I am now making it my mission to scare one out of the woodwork for you.... for some reason I've had a lot of success finding copies of #87.

What grade are you after?

Shep

You're a peach Shep. (worship) I'll take anything 2.0 and above. Ideally, 6.0-7.0 would be best.

I'll keep an eye. One thing I've found with that book... really no use checking the usual dealers. It's on too many want lists. Ebay and cons are the best bet... for some reason that book appears in mixed lots on ebay. Probably seen five or six over the past number of years unlisted, but tucked in there amongst the 'Fightin Army's and the 'Battle Bradys'. There are some books I can never find, but for some reason I've had a pretty good nose of GIC #87.

I've also seen seven or eight of them over the years at various cons. I passed on a coverless copy for $10 a few years back, and then about two weeks later found a decent cover copy with two missing interior pages for $25. Could've married up a solid VG for $35.

As for an NM copy Adamstrange... what do you think a 9.4 would go for? And do you think one even exists?

Hmmmmmm. Just imagine.

Shep

And do you think one even exists?

There's at least one that's close

what do you think a 9.4 would go for?

The last time it happened (see above) it was about $50 bucks. I'd probably be willing to double that. hm

I've gotten pooched on FN or better copies of All American Men of War #67 and G.I. Combat #90, #92, and #99 for a while. I'm looking for all those books in 7.5-8.0 shape, but I would happily take a 6.0

It's not that they aren't out there.... I just always miss them or get outbid.

If you get any leads, let me know!

Oh.. also that G O D D A M N Our Army at War #172.....

that book is killing me... looking for nice 8.0-8.5

Shep

You find me a GIC 87 and this one (if you're interested) is yours as part of the deal.

OAAW172.jpg

Oh.. also that G O D D A M N Our Army at War #172.....

that book is killing me... looking for nice 8.0-8.5

Shep

You find me a GIC 87 and this one (if you're interested) is yours as part of the deal.

OAAW172.jpg

I'm on da case.

Shep

PS... Tat, those Marie SSWS issues are tough! I don't have a single one....

After your rampage of posting books, I don't know where to begin...just an amazing group of fantastic books!!!!!! Thank you soooooooooo much for showing!! (worship) After seeing a lot of these first CGC'd books, it makes me wonder if you and I were bidding against each other on most of those Keith Marlow books. hm

Mmmmarie! comicscans018.jpg

What a great Mlle Marie appearance! (worship)

comicscans014.jpg

A beauty!

comicscans012.jpg

A classic and a high grade one to boot! (thumbs u

comicscans010.jpg

Verrrrrrrrrrrrrry nice grade!

comicscans009.jpg

What a sweet book! :golfclap:

comicscans008.jpg

Hard to get these squarebounds in top shape, good job! :applause:

comicscans011.jpg

I love this book!

comicscans067.jpg

What a killer book, tatterdemailion!!!

comicscans066.jpg

Now you're talking! :headbang:

comicscans070.jpg

Truly hard to find.

I bought this next batch of G.I. Combats on Ebay for a little more than 300 bucks. I was really risking it. There were boardies that were aghast and I was too. But they are in damn nice shape and think I did OK. Not all books shown. comicscans072.jpgcomicscans073.jpgcomicscans074.jpgcomicscans075.jpgcomicscans076.jpgcomicscans078.jpgcomicscans077.jpg

That small grouping there is well worth the $300 that you shelled out. Sometimes you gamble, and sometimes you win big!!! I remember winning a group of All American Men of War from someone and they also had some GIC's and OAAW's. I wanted to win all of them, but didn't want to bid too much, I'll bet that batch is the same batch that I saw drift away. Nice, nice, NICE job! :applause::applause:(worship)(worship):applause::applause:

Andy

You gotta love DC.... check this out.

http://www.dccomics.com/comics/?cm=7176

They have also announced a Sgt. Rock Showcase!!! 500 PAGES of Rock and Easy... G.I. Combat #68 all the way up to Our Army at War #117. Late November release.

Are we living in golden times or what!

Edited by bigfiver69

You gotta love DC.... check this out.

http://www.dccomics.com/comics/?cm=7176

They have also announced a Sgt. Rock Showcase!!! 500 PAGES of Rock and Easy... G.I. Combat #68 all the way up to Our Army at War #117. Late November release.

Are we living in golden times or what!

Oh no! :frustrated: Now all of my original copies will be worthless!!! Ah, might as well through them in the garbage now. :sorry:

:shy: But I am looking forward to it....

I want that Rock Showcase! I need that Rock Showcase! but I would have rather had the 4th Our Army at war (Sgt Rock) DC Archive in color! Beggers can't be choosers when it comes to war book reprints. I was hoping they would run the Archive line up to #150 right before Enemy Ace. The 4th one would have included #128! Maybe next year! Hopefully.....

Larry

Heres hoping DC jumps back on the war bandwagon with some other nice big five showcase issues. Seeing as they've done The War That Time Forgot, anything is possible. Here's what I'd like to see.

- A full LOSERS Showcase.

- A Weird War Showcase.

- A Gunner and Sarge Showcase.

- A USS Stevens/Medal of Honor Showcase.

- An Enemy Ace Showcase, with all the stories, including the ones John Severin Drew in the early 80s in Unknown Solider.

- A Johnny Cloud/Captain Storm Showcase.

At this stage, I think any of these could fly... particularly the Losers one.

Shep