• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

I got these on the latest CLink auction. The first one is WWII (but from the Golden Age) and the Wings is just barely pre-SA. My first war comics (WWII and Cold War...it was a war...sort of...) and I'm just looking for an excuse to post them. :)

Apologies to Silver Age War Comic purists who would prefer no GA books...

Don_Winslow_15.jpg

Wings_123.jpg

I got these on the latest CLink auction. The first one is WWII (but from the Golden Age) and the Wings is just barely pre-SA. My first war comics (WWII and Cold War...it was a war...sort of...) and I'm just looking for an excuse to post them. :)

Apologies to Silver Age War Comic purists who would prefer no GA books...

Don_Winslow_15.jpg

Wings_123.jpg

Great books there! That's a wonderful stamp on the Don Winslow!!

Andy

I went back to the Nashville show today and picked these up. The Combats are absolutely beautiful! White pages and sharp as a tack. If you're a Glanzman fan these books are a must and they are still cheap in HG

combat-20524x779.jpg

combat-21524x780.jpg

and thanks to lhcomics(Leroy) I( was finally able to nab a copy of this very cool book!

GIC-108530x776.jpg

Nice ones Karma! That GIC108 is a great book. I've got many copies, but none as nice as yours here. (worship)

Andy

Thanks Andy! That's one of my favorite covers in the run and a great Kubert/Kanigher story to boot!

I passed on a copy at the LCS for half the price but it looked like the cover was nearly detached, I'm glad I waited :cloud9:

Thanks Andy and Karma23.

you can call me Braves lover :gossip:

:acclaim:

Do you really wana start down this road Mr. Met? :baiting:

As a fellow baseball fan you know the off-season is sometimes better than the season itself :whistle:

Thanks Andy and Karma23.

As a fellow baseball fan you know the off-season is sometimes better than the season itself :whistle:

Never! I wish pitchers and catchers reported tomorrow :cloud9:

Thanks Andy and Karma23.

Never! I wish pitchers and catchers reported tomorrow :cloud9:

True :luhv: