• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

Hey all,

There was one early issue of Star Spangled War that Pedrin marked as very scarce. I don't know why this is coming to mind, but I'm just here at work updating my want list (I know... it's tough!) and I was curious which one it was.

Thanks dudes...

Shep

Could it be.....SSWS #6 Extremely Rare? hm

Andy

I've had a copy of that book for many years. Maybe I just got lucky. (shrug)

Picked up a mixed lot of mid grade DC silver age war books for less than the copy of CGC'd bronze book. Mmmmmmm....

The highlight was certainly this little sweetie....

ssws88.jpg

And I was pretty happy with these few...

ssws62.jpg

oaaw75.jpg

And here were some of the others...

th_ssws61.jpgth_off50.jpgth_off40.jpgth_off25.jpgth_oaaw121-1.jpgth_oaaw111.jpgth_oaaw63.jpg

Edited by bigfiver69

Hey Tat...

Believe it or not, that is my first Mlle. Marie copy of SSWS... and now I'm pretty hooked. Drucker is amazing! I think this one's going to stay in the stable.

But if I ever change my mind, you're my first call!

Shep

Drucker is amazing!
:headbang: And his four M. Maries may be the most fun stories that he drew.

Is that one OFF thats black and yellow #25? I love that cover.

Silent ones is OFF 40. Both it and the 25 are excellent covers.

NOBODY beat DC at colouring back in the 1950s/early 60s.

(thumbs u Just take a look at the books in the 10 cent thread that's at the top of this forum to see plenty of evidence of that.

Edited by adamstrange

Silent Ones.

Me like.

I fell in love with that book when I saw your copy.

Dang!

What a great book.

You mean this one? Strangely, though it is one of my all-time favorite Big-5 issues, I don't have a recollection of where/who I got this from. I know it was pretty early in the scheme of things. About 15 years ago. And I usually remember details about most of my scores, like who, where, when, what was playing on the radio at that moment, shoe size, barometric pressure, etc.

off40.jpg

Silent Ones.

Me like.

I fell in love with that book when I saw your copy.

Dang!

What a great book.

You mean this one? Strangely, though it is one of my all-time favorite Big-5 issues, I don't have a recollection of where/who I got this from. I know it was pretty early in the scheme of things. About 15 years ago. And I usually remember details about most of my scores, like who, where, when, what was playing on the radio at that moment, shoe size, barometric pressure, etc.

off40.jpg

Could I trade you my Sgt. Fury #40 for that? :wishluck: It's in F/VF condition.... :shy:

Here is an OFF for all those Frogman fantics. Some of the best covers of OFF are from the 20-30s issue number range.

I love those "guns a'blazin at the reader" covers! This makes a nice book-end to Mick's copy.

Bill

OFF_33a.jpg

Edited by AtlasFan